Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
4K Production => Issues with Green Flickering and pixel flickering particularly between transitions
TY12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 15:00 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I think I wrote this issue in the wrong thread and therefore I have reposted it here. I have been unable to delete the original message.

Hi there to you all,

4K Production: Issues with Green Flickering and pixel flickering particularly between transitions

We just installed the "Beta Patch" and can report that it does not fix Transition issues when working with and producing 4K footage.

We are producing 4K footage in the same ways as we have done on PD14 but throughout the produced video we experience a "Green Flash" sometimes between transitions and then various "colour flashes" (blinking / pixels) throughout the video. I am not sure how to describe the issue better than that.

I am producing (as I always do on PD14) 4K footage in AVC (MP4) 3840 x 2160/25p (50Mbps).

I have tested the same clips in PD14 and produced the video in PD14 (exact same footage) and there is no issue present in PD14.

I hope this issue can be resolved as I cannot use PD16 as it stands now (at least not for our 4K footage).

I have to continue working with PD14 for now.

Best Regards to you all.

TY12
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...
4K Production: Issues with Green Flickering and pixel flickering particularly between transitions

Jeff wrote about Hardware Acceleration

' Green Flickering ... between transitions... ' is due to GPU, of course i'm assuming; so, disable HA and or find the driver that will not cause any flickering.

try cpu only rendering if PD16 continues with issues, then you have to elevate your support to CL!

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2017 13:57

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
TY12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 15:00 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...

Jeff wrote about Hardware Acceleration

' Green Flickering ... between transitions... ' is due to GPU, of course i'm assuming; so, disable HA and or find the driver that will not cause any flickering.

try cpu only rendering if PD16 continues with issues, then you have to elevate your support to CL!

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

Hi there Jeff,

Your advice worked perfectly, thanks so much for that!

Hope it helps others too.

We found another issue which I will also post on the board.

Best Regards TY12