Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Although it's not the only bug, this is perhaps the most frustrating aspect I run up against in this program.

I currently have a project with about 60 odd clips in which the audio content is being used. To have to adjust each of these by creating a key at the beginning of the clip and the end of the clip is just ridiculous.

I've remained loyal to PD for a number of years but will be moving elsewhere soon as the number of bugs that have been constantly in the forums for years just never get attended to in new versions.

PD, it's time to do better, much better.
Hi Rick, Tony,

I have the exact same problem as you Rick, and although it seems like it would have been a 'must have' addition to PD15, I can't for the life of me find it?

Am I missing it or was it not included!?

Cheers,
Pete
Quote Hi Guys,

Yes I forgot to mentio the HDD's. I will be using two Adata 256GB SP900 Series SSD's. One for OS and programs, the other as the storage for working files only - currently I copy the files I'm editing to one SSD while editing then when I'm done I delete them.

Dollars are as Shadowman picked up in NZ dollars, and unfortunately GST is applied to everything here in NZ!

I've always built my own and my sons gaming rigs so I'm not phased by putting the componentry together. What I'm really wanting to know is if the components I've selected are the best spend for my money vs Cyberlink & 4K requirements.

Cheers,

Pete

(From NZ - The new home of the Americas Cup... )

Hi Pete

In my experience, and I only shoot and edit 4K, you will still need the use of shadow files. So be aware, no matter how powerful you build your machine, it MAY still need some help with these huge files and high bit rates.

Robert

What I am saying is don't be disappointed if, when you have created your masterpiece, you get a few jumps and jerks on the timeline still. Just be prepared to use something like shadow files for an easier edit.

let us know how you get on

Robert

Cheers Robert,

Thanks for the heads up. I guess having a good rig will make the whole shadow file process quicker in itself too?

Pete

Hi Pete

In my experience, and I only shoot and edit 4K, you will still need the use of shadow files. So be aware, no matter how powerful you build your machine, it MAY still need some help with these huge files and high bit rates.

Robert

Cheers Robert,

You say the machine may need some help with the huge files, how do we do that? Help it I mean. Or is that by the use of shadow files...

Cheers,

Pete
Hi Guys,

Yes I forgot to mentio the HDD's. I will be using two Adata 256GB SP900 Series SSD's. One for OS and programs, the other as the storage for working files only - currently I copy the files I'm editing to one SSD while editing then when I'm done I delete them.

Dollars are as Shadowman picked up in NZ dollars, and unfortunately GST is applied to everything here in NZ!

I've always built my own and my sons gaming rigs so I'm not phased by putting the componentry together. What I'm really wanting to know is if the components I've selected are the best spend for my money vs Cyberlink & 4K requirements.

Cheers,

Pete

(From NZ - The new home of the Americas Cup... )
Hi All,

I would really value your advice regarding a new rig build. This will be for editing using Cyberlink Powerdirector 14. Files will be 4k video files, some of which may be 10Gb or approx 25 minutes in length.

I'll be building this rig myself as I have done in the past. My budget for the build is aprrox NZ$2k.

Components I have ear marked for this are as follows... any feedback,suggestions on alternatives etc would be greatly appraciated before I part with my money!

CASE

COSTCORSAIR (CC-9011051-WW) CARBIDE SERIES SPEC-02 MID TOWER CASE WITH SIDE WINDOW, USB3.0, 2X 140MM FANS WITH RED LED, MINI-ITX, MICROATX, ATX, MATERIAL STEEL, NO PSU. $ 102.61

POWER SUPPLY

FSP (HYDRO G 750) HYDRO G 750W 80+ GOLD FULL MODULAR PSU WITH EFFICIENCY >= 90%,UNIQUE PRODUCT ID WITH CHANGEABLE SIDE STICKERS, 5 YEARS WARRANTY. $ 158.16

CPU

INTEL (BX80677I77700K) I7-7700K KABY LAKE, UNLOCKED, 4.20GHZ(TURBO 4.50GHZ) 4X CORES, 8X THREADS, 6MB CACHE, 91W, 14NM, SOCKET LGA1151, INTEL® HD GRAPHICS 630, RETAIL PACK WITHOUT COOLER. $ 462.95

CPU COOLING (WATER)

THERMALTAKE (CLW0224) CPU COOLER, WATER 3.0 EXTREME ALL IN ONE, LIQUID COOLING, 120MM, INTEL/AMD, BLACK/WHITE, 2 YEARS WARRANTY. Noise Level: 20 dBA Air Flow: 99 CFM $ 149.00

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS (PRIME Z270-P) INTEL Z270, ATX MOTHERBOARD, SOCKET LGA1151, DDR4-3866(O.C.), PCI-E 3.0, SATA-3, M.2, USB3.0, CROSSFIREX, ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN, RAID, AUDIO, DVI/HDMI PORT. $ 192.95

MEMORY

16GB CORSAIR (CMR16GX4M2C3466C16) 16GB (2X8GB) VENGEANCE RGB, DESTOPS DDR4 RAM, UNBUFFERED-DIMM, 3466MHZ, RGB LED, LIFETIME WARRANTY. $ 286.04

GRAPHICS CARD

ASUS (TURBO-GTX1060-6G) TURBO GTX1060 6GB GDDR5 GRAPHICS CARD, VR-READY, PCI-E 3.0, DVI/HDMI/3XDISPLAYPORT, 3 YEARS WARRANTY. GPU Base: 1506MHz $ 397.35

$ 1,488.29

GST $ 223.24

TOTAL $ 1,711.53
Big thanks you to everyone for the advice.

I'm going to try placing the files onto the SSD without using Magic + PD in the first instance and see how much of a difference that makes.

If I need greater improvements, which I suspect will be the case I will then try using Magic + PD. I beleieve this may necessitate the purchase of a larger SSD however to accommodate the larger files sizes created during the process.

Cheers,

Pete
Thanks Steve & Robert,

I really appreciate your help. I'll close off Windows Defender, look at the Trend settings and try editing with the antivirus off.

Robert - no I'm not editing any 4k video but I have a Sony 4k camera and want to be able to use 4k in the future so really want to get to the bottom of this.

I put in my second 256gb SSD yesterday, so I'll also try putting copies of the files to edit there and see if that improves things too.

I've also seen there is this 'Magic + PD' solution to choppy and slow editing. Is this something either of you would reccommend?

Cheers,

Pete
Thanks Steve,

The blue screen event seemed to be limited to when I was saving images off the net. I've since changed the browser I was using and it's not happened again - so perhaps not really a fix?

The anti-virus is Trend Micro Security - Version:11.0.1186. Note that I have Windows Defender Periodic Scanning on as well, should I disable this?

Windows appears to be updating just fine, no problems there.

As to the errors that are showing in the DxDiag file I have no idea what they are or what needs fixing sorry.

Pete
Quote P)lease provide your dxdiag.exe evaluation so we can see the entire information on your computer. Go here. and scroll down.

Hi Stevek,

Thanks for your reply and help. The file you asked for is attached

Pete

Christchurch

New Zealand
Hi All,

I have what I believ is a rig that should be able to handle editing HD video but the performance quickly becomes so slow and choppy it's impossible to do anything at all. I try, get frustrated, and end up not doing any editing for a few months; then I try again and the same cycle starts all over again. Is it PD or my rig?

Here's my specs...

Windows Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 64 Bit

PAGE FILE:

C:\pagefile.sys - Space 2.38 GB

VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE:

CyberLink - PowerDirector Deluxe 14

MOTHERBOARD:

Asrock FM2A78M-HD+ Motherboard, Socket FM2+, AMD A78, 2xDDR3, 1xPCIe-16, 1xPCIe-1, VGA, DVI, HDMI, RAID, M-ATX

CPU - (PROCESSOR):

3.40 GHz Quad Core AMD A10-7700K APU 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

MEMORY:

16GB - 2 x Corsair 8GB (CML16GX3M2A1600C9) DDR3 1600MHz, Dimm,Unbuffered, CL9, Vengeance Low Profile Heatspreader, Core i7 & Core i5 and Core, 2/AMD Phenom II

STORAGE:

OS & Programs - Adata SSD (ASP900S3-256GM-C) 256GB SP900 Series

Data Storage - 2 x Western Digital HDD 4TB Red NAS

By the way I have a spare Adata SSD (ASP900S3-256GM-C) 256GB available to use in any way that would help.

Your help might save my sanity, and allow me to complete a number of half finished projects!

Cheers,

Pete
Quote: Pete,

One of my SSD's just died this week from over-usage. True, it was the only Toshiba SSD that I own in my fleet (still have 4 left, different brand), but I would strongly advise against any video editing on a SSD.
In my experience it didn't do any difference time wise, the write speed during editing is not that big (10% of what one HDD can do). The time for importing the files for me is small too - but I have three HDD connected in a RAID 5 matrix (LSI/3ware 9650SE) for video storage.

I strongly advise for a hardware based RAID, I have also the Intel one (software, driver-based) on my motherboard and while on tests does great, when the CPU is "occupied" by other tasks to 90%, the RAID performance drops significantly, especialy in RAID 5 (more computing). I got my RAID controller from eBay.

For 4K editing you will need a GTX950 or GTX960. Nothing else, because only those two have the latest NVENC hardware encoder.

In my experience, the memory over 16GB is unused by this program. I have 15GB and never saw it filled to the max... other might chime in on this for 4K editing, I don't do that a lot. You can save money there, maybe get only 32GB now (4 slots)?

Upgrade to Windows 10 for free, in the future should allow better utilization of the video cards.
Unless you want to use the Windows Media Center on that computer (feature was dropped from Windows 10), there is no need to keep Windows 8.1.

I see thay your MoBo supports M.2 Socket 3 (M keyed for SSD devices, type 2242/2260/2280/22110) - I would consider that in place of SATA SSD's, like ADATA Premier Pro SP900 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive.

Thanks for the advice Sonic67, and others. Looks like I'll upgrade to W10 and with the money saved by only installing 16GB at this time look at my video card option. Can I ask how much you paid for your hardware RAID controller?

Cheers,

Pete
Good advice kmjk333, I'll look at video card options although it's starting to stretch the budget! The inclusion of the GTX 760 is due to my already having this card in my existing rig.

Andres.R - not sure what your suggestion is...
Hi,

I would like some advice please as I'm about to build a new system for editing video in Cyberlink Power Director 14. This will mainly be for HD but possibly some 4K video as well, both shot on a SONY FDR-AX-33.

The main system components I'm considering are the following - if there are better cost comparative alternatives I'd really appreciate your advice.

MB: Asus (X99-A) Intel X99 ATX Motherboard

CPU: Intel (BX80648I75820K) i7-5820K Haswell-E, 3.30GHz(Turbo 3.6GHz), Socket 2011-V3, 6x cores, 12x Threads, 15MB Cache

RAM: 8 x (total of 64GB) DDR4 - Kingston (HX426C15FB/8 ) 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL15 DIMM HyperX FURY Black Series

HD: (existing) OS & Programs - 1 x Adata SSD (ASP900S3-256GM-C) 256GB SP900 Series // Data Storage - 3 x Western Digital HDD 4TB Red NAS in RAID 5

GRAPHICS CARD: (existing) GTX 760 Gigabyte GV-N760OC-2GD

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Pete
Yep, that did it. At least the same fix to the 4 1/2 year old bug stills works lol
It's now August 2015 and this bug is still about!? I've recently pourchased PowerDirector 13, and starting to wish I hadn't.

I'll try the shut down and restart, why I have to do this I have no idea...
Go to: