Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the link to the old amd drivers. Now I know where they are - thanks. I've not got an immediate project so I'm happy to wait for PD14 to arrive (from England - eBay, cheaper than buying local and on a disk in case I have problems with Windows 10 again)

Yeah could've been something other than Windows 10 but I haven't had same problems since going back to Windows 7.

OK - check set bitrate against produced file properties. Easy.
Thanks Jeff. I did do a Google search but didn't come up with that one.

I'd prefer to stick with the Crimson software. AMD doesn't seeme to provide access to old drivers as well as nVidia. Also this is my first excursion into the world of AMD. I went with AMD because of: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU15/1231 and Nano prices dropped in Australia (mine was $687aud)

So I ordered PD14. PD14 will also allow me to run Windows 10. Which I think will be inevitable.

A few months ago I installed Windows 10 to find PD13 would freeze all the time, even with the latest PD13 patch.

Got any info to help "do a test with the new drivers and PD14 and make sure you get what you ask for in hardware encoding bitrates" ?

Cheers, Steve
I couldn't get Hardware Acceleration to work on PD13 with my new R9 Nano.

In the end I was told by Cyberlink:

"I would like to inform you that In AMD driver version v15.x or above, the hardware encoding mechanism has been modified by AMD. PowerDirector 13 doesn't support the new mechanism. I suggest you to please install the previous VGA driver or upgrade to PowerDirector 14 which supports the new driver video encoding mechanism"

I thought this post might help other people. I've ordered PD14.
Oh - and Allow separate (from output/rendered file) file location for PDS files (in Settings, File)
PD14 requirements http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_AU.html?&r=1

"NVIDIA:GeForce 8500GT/9800GT and aboveGeForce GT/GTS/GTX 200/400/500/600/700/800/900 SeriesPLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards using pre-Kepler architecture who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the CUDA video hardware video encoder feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver."

Kepler is 500 series. You have 460. You should use an old driver - older than 340.43.
I didn't read all the previous pages, BUT:

1. Add 21:9 aspect ratio (Cinema)[/list]

2. Allow 'Burn' to USB - title page etc per DVD (may have to use XFAT USB format for large files)
I use 13 now.
Hardware acceleration works with gtx670 with latest drivers.
See http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU15/1231
I'd use nVidia's latest drivers. PD14 (and 10) say to use latest drivers forf Kepler and Maxwell GPUs. The 970 is Maxwell.

With just an i5, you should also try using SVRT for Produce.
I find PD13 works with gtx 670. So did PD9 and 11.
Go to: