Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10 with GTX970
Maxx_PC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2012 21:57 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there

i have upgrade my video card to an MSI GTX970 and now PD10 will not use the hardware encoding setting thing. (sorry for being vague).

I try to paly and edit clips and I get a small green bar saying rendering and this takes ages.

I have tried to patch PD 10 but when I run the cyberlink downloader I receive the following error.

---------------------------Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library---------------------------Runtime Error!Program: C:\Users\m... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the application's support team for more information. ---------------------------OK ---------------------------

So my questions are...

1. how can I patch PD10 and hopefully repair it?

2. Is it time to upgrade and why?

3. If I upgrade, will the latest version of powerdirector be able to open my project files or will i have to start all over again?

cheers

Brendan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 02. 2016 09:43

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
i have upgrade my video card to an MSI GTX970 and now PD10 will not use the hardware encoding setting thing. (sorry for being vague).

I try to paly and edit clips and I get a small green bar saying rendering and this takes ages.

There's a unavailable patch (typical download page) for PD10 that resolves the green rendering bar. The rendering bar appears becuase PD10 detected that your GPU has inadequate RAM and tries to assist with prerendering. The patch is discussed here, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31396.page but the patch download link does not work there. Here is a proper link: http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDirector/10/PowerDirector10_3625_GM8_Patch_VDE131223-02.exe

Additionally, for PD10 the hardware video encoding will not work with the GTX970 and current drivers.

Jeff
Maxx_PC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply Jeff, greatly appreciated.
So it may be time to upgrade to PD14?
Does PD14 work well with the GTX970 graphics card?

My system specs are as follows;
Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU iNTEL i5 4440
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
Memory 32GB
Graphics Card MSI GTX 970
PSU Corsair ATX 850W
Hard Drives 1 times Samsung SSD 256GB 2 times Western Digital 1TB
[Post New]
I find PD13 works with gtx 670. So did PD9 and 11. i73930k, 16gb 2133, R9 Nano
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I find PD13 works with gtx 670. So did PD9 and 11.

Describe your use of the term "works" please. The OP was addressing a very specific area working, namely "will not use the hardware encoding".

I think what you will find with a GTX670 is the following:
PD9, PD11 won't allow hardware encoding with current Nvidia drivers and a GTX670
PD13 current release with current Nvidia drivers and a GTX670 will allow hardware encoding of supported formats.

Yes, for a GTX670 one can pick and choose from some older drivers depending on current WIN OS and get the GPU to support hardware encoding with PD9 and PD11, just not a very fwd looking solution.

Jeff
Maxx_PC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the replies, however my graphics card is the GTX970, not the 670.
Cheers
Brendan
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you for the replies, however my graphics card is the GTX970, not the 670.
Cheers
Brendan

I realize that and addressed that in the first reply, namely, for PD10 the hardware video encoding will not work with the GTX970 and current drivers.

Jeff
Maxx_PC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Thank you for the replies, however my graphics card is the GTX970, not the 670.
Cheers
Brendan

I realize that and addressed that in the first reply, namely, for PD10 the hardware video encoding will not work with the GTX970 and current drivers.

Jeff

Ah, that you certainly did Jeff, my apologies.

Looks like I may be having to upgrade to PD14.

I am having issues with drivers for this new card, my pc keeps crashing. Trying to sort this out and would love advice regarding stable drivers and settings for this card.

Cheers

Brendan
[Post New]
Hardware acceleration works with gtx670 with latest drivers. i73930k, 16gb 2133, R9 Nano
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hardware acceleration works with gtx670 with latest drivers.

Yes, PD14 and PD13. Not PD9 and PD11 as was stated in the post. Post a pic to show otherwise.

Jeff
[Post New]
I use 13 now. i73930k, 16gb 2133, R9 Nano