Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A very simple solution to my problem of wmv's not playing on my computer and as well as playing on PD9. I loaded Microsoft Music Player 11 on my computer and I opened PD9, Produce and File. I choose WMV and then went to You Tube and went through the process and it loaded. So allot of headaches with a simple solution.
I understand windows doesn't have directx 10 or 11 for xp pro.
I have begun doing that this morning. Direct x 11 is a bitch to download
I hope it there.
AVI works if I just try to save it to a folder.
How do I attach it?
I have used several versions of PD and am now using 9 and until recently I have had good luck with it. I recently had a failure with my computer and had to reload XP Pro and reloaded everything. I ran PD9 and when I went to produce a video to YouTube it gave me the "error making movie". I can only use avi if I were to save them to a folder. I have removed Quick Time and reinstalled it as well as PD9 three times. I have made 300 videos to YouTube in our business so I have had experience using PD.
I clicked on the triangle box with the white triangle center under the editing window that will display the Screen Snapshot. Click on the Non Real-time Preview and the video's being edited will slow down but will not freeze up any longer. I have no trouble with non HD video's but it seemed to have cured the HD video's which froze up.
You might check to see if the shadow files are ready or still generating. The "ready" files will edited just fine where as the "as generating" will be slow or freeze. After you import the files to PowerDirector check it out.
I am the type of guy that always buys stuff I end up not needing. Example, I have used PD7 for quite awhile and made videos of our puppies and put them on YouTube. Everything was going well so when I could afford a HD camera I was excited to start having our puppies in HD. I unwrapped the Camera and took a video of whatever moved and plugged in the 8 GB SDHC in the newly purchased High Speed SD/SDHC/MMC Card Reader. I didn't edit the first video because I was interested in what the YouTube results would look like. IT LOOKED GREAT. I was really pleased. I took a 1 minute video of a puppy the next day and was really pleased at how smart I was and took the SDHC card out and plugged it in and fired up PD7 and as I started to edit the video I was surprised at how slow and jerky the video was. I couldn't really edit it as it would not allow me to see what I had shot.
The next day I went to a computer store and decided I needed more memory. I have a Dual 3.2 GHZ CPU so i knew I was ok with it so I was assured this was the problem. I doubled the ram and fired it up again and same results. I thought about it for a couple days and I thought I bet it is my graphic card because it was old and probably worn out so I ordered a new one with twice the ram and I was again assured I was going to fix my problem. I installed the new big and bad graphics card and with a smile on my face I fired it up and what the hell the same problem.
I then begin to evaluate my desire to spend money with my wifes help. I held this card reader in my hand and gazed down at the little bitie cable and thought what if I were to copy the video file to a new folder on my hard drive and see if this might fix the problem. Now you have to realize this is free and I like to spend money but what the heck. I copied the file over to the computer and opened up PD7 and dragged the video file down and commenced to edit the file and IT WORKED!!!
"As I understand it from what I read on the Cyberlink web page is that CUDA works for file encoding of H.264 (MPEG4) format not MPEG2. Its grayed out on my system as well, but works for MPEG4."

I have a Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHZ 4 GB Ram. CUDA option is grayed out telling me I don't have enough to give me the option. Is this referring to my graphics card?
I have been using Youtube for quite awhile as well as Power Director. I seen the YouTube option I thought this was the way to go but after trying it out I find it easier for me to save the file to my computer then move them over to YouTube. I have recently bought a Canon Vixia HF100 HD camera and I have better control of the quality that way.
At the time I purchased PD6 I didn't buy the CD I just had it downloaded. Can I purchase the CD now?
Have you prevented PD6 accessing the internet?
NO

Have you got a YouTube account?
Yes

Have you filled in your YouTube details?
It doesn't allow me to get that far. As I click on either button I instantly go to c:\Youtube2

What folder on your computer?
The folder was named "Youtube" so I thought it maight make a difference so I renamed it "YouTube2"

I have PD6 but my uploading to YouTube isn't working. When I click on either options it takes me to a folder on my computer.
Go to: