Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow and stopping when editing?
[Post New]
I am the type of guy that always buys stuff I end up not needing. Example, I have used PD7 for quite awhile and made videos of our puppies and put them on YouTube. Everything was going well so when I could afford a HD camera I was excited to start having our puppies in HD. I unwrapped the Camera and took a video of whatever moved and plugged in the 8 GB SDHC in the newly purchased High Speed SD/SDHC/MMC Card Reader. I didn't edit the first video because I was interested in what the YouTube results would look like. IT LOOKED GREAT. I was really pleased. I took a 1 minute video of a puppy the next day and was really pleased at how smart I was and took the SDHC card out and plugged it in and fired up PD7 and as I started to edit the video I was surprised at how slow and jerky the video was. I couldn't really edit it as it would not allow me to see what I had shot.
The next day I went to a computer store and decided I needed more memory. I have a Dual 3.2 GHZ CPU so i knew I was ok with it so I was assured this was the problem. I doubled the ram and fired it up again and same results. I thought about it for a couple days and I thought I bet it is my graphic card because it was old and probably worn out so I ordered a new one with twice the ram and I was again assured I was going to fix my problem. I installed the new big and bad graphics card and with a smile on my face I fired it up and what the hell the same problem.
I then begin to evaluate my desire to spend money with my wifes help. I held this card reader in my hand and gazed down at the little bitie cable and thought what if I were to copy the video file to a new folder on my hard drive and see if this might fix the problem. Now you have to realize this is free and I like to spend money but what the heck. I copied the file over to the computer and opened up PD7 and dragged the video file down and commenced to edit the file and IT WORKED!!!
WilliamI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 01:05 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Let me get this straight, you where editing the AVCHD file directly off the SD card? Yeah, that's not going to work very well.

On the bright side, you now have some great hardware to knock those HD files out with. Intel Core 2 Quad, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Vista 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD 3850, Canon HF100
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tomantrim,

Glad you got that sorted. There are lots of resources available to help folks who are starting or changing their editing.

It's really worthwhile to check out the tutorials and the tips, there's loads of advice for common problems, how to approach editing (esp with HD), what you can and can't expect etc.

Maybe start here :-
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

If you join seemyworldonvideo.com there are more resources available on the extras for editors pages.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.