Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube Upload
Monika [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2008 01:30 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I created and uploaded video to my account on YouTube (successfully) but when I search my account on YouTube the video is not there. What did I do wrong? or didn't do?
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
My PD7 is doing the same thing. It seems to work only 1 out of 10 times, and I can't figure out what is causing the problem.

It goes through the whole process, uploads, and then at the point you should get a link to your finished video it just sits there, and the video is not actually uploaded.

I've just been uploading manually until this gets fixed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2009 14:44

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

The whole Youtube section needs an overhaul. The listed infromation doesn't even match Youtube as it is (example: it says the limit is 100MB but the limit is now 1GB).

There also needs to be a 720p non-interlaced high bit rate upload selection (MP4).

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
The whole Youtube section needs an overhaul. The listed infromation doesn't even match Youtube as it is (example: it says the limit is 100MB but the limit is now 1GB).

There also needs to be a 720p non-interlaced high bit rate upload selection (MP4).

Yes, that would be good. Have to cut a little slack, though, since Youtube HD just came online. Would be good to add Vimeo.com, too. I'm also not sure why only WMV files are allowed for upload? Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I guess perhaps I’ve been missing something here. So could someone please explain what the advantages are of uploading one’s newly created video to one’s Youtube account, by using and authorizing Power Director to upload it for you?
As opposed to just producing one’s video into a format and specifications that consistently yield good quality results, and then uploading it themselves at their Youtube account page.
I’m assuming that there is some advantage in letting PD upload for you, as it seems that so many try to use this method. But just what are the benefits of authorizing Cyberlink to handle this otherwise simple transaction?
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
OnTheWeb1
[Post New]
Two reasons I can think of. Sometimes the whole process can take hours. I can start it, go to bed, and wake up in the morning and the file is all rendered, uploaded, and youtube has processed it for HD viewing.

Also, the PD7 youtube uploader has improved priority uploading. It max's my broadband upload speed much better than when I manually upload it. It doesn't have the usual start and stop spikes of a traditional upload. It appears PD7 gets a green light to send data, and youtube only pauses receiving once in a while to confirm the handshake. Probably about a 10 - 15% faster upload speed. Not critical, but I noticed it right away.

Bottom line? We're lazy

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2009 14:12

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
OnTheWeb wrote:
Bottom line? We're lazy

Hahaha, now that is something can understand and relate to!
I guess I'll give it try sometime, but I've never had any problems with just uploading myself. I feel I have more control over the final outcome, and the upload times have never been an all nighter, and have always been successful.
So... to each his own I guess.
Thanks for your input OnTheWeb!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2009 20:10

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Walker [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's nice they put it in (The Youtube upload section). It just needs to be improved.

There should be no need for all the different formats. You should only need to choose which resolution you want to encode to. It's clear what file type works the best and it's pretty common knowlege that 8000Kbps doesn't kick in the Youtube re-encoders.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but no one cares about file types or any of that other detail. Cyberlinks goal should be to make it so an average consumer can upload a perfect video to Youtube with only one simple choice: what resolution do you want?

Considering that HD camcorders are at the start of a boom (flash based starting to go below $500) and Youtube is in the middle of a massive boom, wouldn't you want to show off Power Director as a product that makes uploading a HD movie as simple as picking a resolution and clicking a button?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Here's what I do:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/425/youtube-hd-tutorial/
HD/FLV streamed
OR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W-kStCfdgo
HD available

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2009 07:21

Joseph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2009 18:13 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Having the same problem. tried to use Cranstons suggestion but no dice. It is produced as an MPEG4 and uploads fine but when I go to YouTube it says video is not produced. If I use PD to upload it says it was successful but there in nothing in "my videos?
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Having had a good play recently to try to bottom out youtubeHD, I would recommend producing your file in PD as you choose - I use HDV MPEG-2 720p (I use that mainly anyway). The training tutorials were WMV9HD standard quality and also mainly worked after being processed by Super©

Push that file through Super©, as per the tutorial mentioned above, to an .MP4 and upload via the youtube uploader to your account. If you need to check progress use the youtube bulk uploader (even for single files) as it has a %progress status. (you might need to install Gears but it will let you know)

So far, at the settings advised in the tutorial, I've not had a failure and even the SD stuff makes the HD playback format kick in - it's still SD but there is little loss of quality. Both the initial processing of the upload and the HD availability takes variable time (rarely more than a couple of hours, but that depends on youtube)

Interestingly, the re-rendering and uploading of a earlier video recently gave me a nice output but also generated a copyright notice for some audio content (rightly I think) within about 30 mins. Beware!

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Walker [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yeah it appears sometime recently YouTube started scanning audio tracks looking for matches in a database. I would very much assume that the list of songs that get matched is going to grow to cover most popular music.

It's kind of sad really. If you're making a video for free amature entertainment, it would seem like you have to chance to expose people to music they've never heard which they might then go out and buy. As long as there's nothing commercial about a YouTube video it really seems like the record companies would make more money by allowing the exposure.

Maybe Smart Sounds will make some more money now.
Cranston
[Post New]
It's kind of sad really. If you're making a video for free amature entertainment, it would seem like you have to chance to expose people to music they've never heard which they might then go out and buy. As long as there's nothing commercial about a YouTube video it really seems like the record companies would make more money by allowing the exposure.

Walker,

I totally agree 110%. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
I have been using Youtube for quite awhile as well as Power Director. I seen the YouTube option I thought this was the way to go but after trying it out I find it easier for me to save the file to my computer then move them over to YouTube. I have recently bought a Canon Vixia HF100 HD camera and I have better control of the quality that way.