Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Making Movie
[Post New]
I have used several versions of PD and am now using 9 and until recently I have had good luck with it. I recently had a failure with my computer and had to reload XP Pro and reloaded everything. I ran PD9 and when I went to produce a video to YouTube it gave me the "error making movie". I can only use avi if I were to save them to a folder. I have removed Quick Time and reinstalled it as well as PD9 three times. I have made 300 videos to YouTube in our business so I have had experience using PD.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Are you saying that only AVI works, or did I read that wrong? When you reinstalled, did you also update all drivers? Maybe attach a DxDiag.txt file and we can look it over. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
How do I attach it?
[Post New]
AVI works if I just try to save it to a folder.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Read and do part B...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
There should be a space to attach it at the bottom of the reply screen. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
I hope it there.
 Filename
TomAntrimDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
334 time(s)
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
You are two version behind on your DirectX. You have Ver9

Make sure you have the latest codecs like K-lite and FFdshow, (did not see that in your specs in the directshow section) I think the codecs not being up to date are the reason you can only do avi.

Your ATI driver looks like it got last months update.

I think if you were using it before assuming with little issues, and not now with a clean OS install, more than likely updating everything and getting it current will help especially those codecs and directx.

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
I have begun doing that this morning. Direct x 11 is a bitch to download
[Post New]
I understand windows doesn't have directx 10 or 11 for xp pro.
[Post New]
A very simple solution to my problem of wmv's not playing on my computer and as well as playing on PD9. I loaded Microsoft Music Player 11 on my computer and I opened PD9, Produce and File. I choose WMV and then went to You Tube and went through the process and it loaded. So allot of headaches with a simple solution.
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
You are correct about the DirectX 11 for XP.... which the non availability surprises me. XP is the only version of Windows I missed for home use. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link