Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, I have PowerDirector versions from PD12 all the way up to PD15. And notice on one of the updates on PD13, the converter will place the audio out of sync only on 720p video from Windows Media Center, never 1080p.

I even complained about this very same problem on this actual forum at the launch of PD14 because it still wasn't rectified. Cyberlink, I hope you address this issue because it was fine at the very beginning of PD12 and PD13.

Speaking of the converter, there were certain channels, particularly Univision and Telemundo, that I couldn't convert over to M2TS format for editing because of something broken. This would only happen intermittently.

So after buying this version, that problem has been rectified but the audio synchronization problem with 720p still need to be addressed.
Quote: I've been hearing comments about Windows 10 lately that make me wary about putting it on my computer. Already a friend of mine who lives in the same Housing Commission block as me had installed Eindows 10 on his computer and now his DVD rewrite drives(he has two on his computer) won't work because Win10 doesn't have the necessary software to recognise them. He's had other problems as well with Win10 and that's enough to put me off WIN10 for the forseeable future. I'll stay with Windows 7 with this computer, thanks!

Cheers!

Neil.

Windows 10 will fail......long live Windows Media Center!!!!
Quote: under Specs I found:
PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the video hardware acceleration feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver.

In the PD14 comparison Chart I found this:

nVidia & Intel H.265 (HEVC) Hardware EncodingNEW
-

nVidia, Intel & AMD H.265 (HEVC) Hardware Decoding NEW

Does this mean you have to choose between en/decoding support (new drivers) and cuda acceleration? (old drivers)

a bit confusing
Achim

That first thing that you showed about 340.43 driver, that's dealing with Nvidia Kepler series (e.g. GTX 770, 780, 780Ti), not the Maxwell series.

If you have a GTX 960 from Nvidia, you are able to do hardware encoding and decoding so if you have PowerDirector 14 which allows hardware encoding, you are able to select box for hardware encoder with H.265 compression.
Quote: Does PowerDirector use the GTX960 hardware DEcoding? HVEC Video playback in timeline without stuttering? Thanks
Achim

PowerDirector isn't for playback, it's for editing and rendering. Now PowerDVD 15 is for playback of H.265 with hardware decoder.
Oh, I didn't know you can't encode H.265 compression on a Blu-Ray Disc.
I am just going to wait until Nvidia's PASCAL lineup comes out because it will have dedicated decoder for H.265 on all of their cards. Hardware-acceleration with the 980Ti for decoding is better than software decoding but still isn't great. After I encoded a video and play it back on PowerDVD 15 using my 980Ti's hardware-accelerated decoding, it clear but juddery/stuttery.

There is no substitution for a dedicated decoder.
AIS: I was originally right, yes, Windows 10 does support H.265 natively, but if you don't have a H.265 decoder on your GPU, Windows Media Player will only do software decoding which is terrible.

At the end of the day, you will need a dedicated decoder like what is on the GTX 960, 950. My 980Ti uses a "hybrid" methodology to decode H.265 which is good but not a substitution for a dedicated decoder.
I stand corrected, but I know I am going to wait for awhile until all of the stories come out about Windows 10 doing data-collecting; in addition, Windows 10 doesn't support Window Media Center so I am definitely not going to go over to Windows 10 anytime soon but thanks for the message though.
No, it's just a better compression. If any, it's native to 4K resolution.
The Negatives: it still has a problem with converting 720p videos/files from Windows Media Center (WTV) format to M2ts format with the audio being out of sync by it being delayed.

In addition, now it doesn't convert over any files from Univision for some strange reason.

The Posistives: H.265 hardware-acceleration encoding which is main reason why anybody should buy this application especially if you have a Nvidia Maxwell card.

The conversion are faster than PowerDirector 13. Even though the audio is still out of sync on when converting over WTV files over to M2ts, the conversion speed is much faster.

It also has a free screen capture, but unfortunately, the screen capture only does 480p, 720p, 1080p, it doesn't capture in 21:9 ASPECT RATIO, which is what alot of PC gamers have in regard to monitors, it only goes up to 30fps (even Youtube is now allowing uploading in 60fps) and you can't change the bitrate or specify what compression you want to use out of H.264 and H.265 so in other words, it's useless........but it's still free though.

In closing: as I stated, the main reason to buy this application is for H.265 hardware-acceleration encoding. Cyberlink came out with this function first and before Nvidia did with their Shadowplay. So if you want smaller file sizes with the same quality as H.264, you need to check out this application, PowerDirector 14, with a Nvidia Maxwell card or Intel's Skylake APU......you will be much pleased.
Update: I was wrong about the 720p conversion. There still is a problem with that but not as much as it was with PowerDirector 13 though.
I posted on this forum earlier this year after I purchased PowerDirector 13 and found out later on that it doesn't support H.265 encoding via hardware-acceleration, only software. And I predicted this was a just ploy to dupe unsuspected customers into PowerDirector 13 by advertising it as having H.265 support but not telling people it was only through software, not hardware, which is entirely too long to encode thus impractical.

So I already bought PowerDirector 14 as I stated I would have no choice but doing in my earlier posting. And it works using my 980Ti's H.265 encoder.

And also, like I predicted as well, they fixed the problem with Windows Media Center with 720p conversion. On PowerDirector 13, when you convert Windows Media Center footage (WTV) to M2ts, the audio would be out of sync by being delayed. Well now, on PowerDirector 14 they fixed that problem as I stated in my earlier post.

I really wish Cyberlink and others Silicon Valley members stop jerking around their customers with their hard-earnt money. I knew from the very beginning you all could have fixed that problem with the audio being out of sync with WTV files but just waited until PowerDirector 14 came out to entice old customers into this new application.

And there still is a problem when I try to convert over Univision files to M2ts, I keep getting something saying media file broken
You know what, the Tech Industry now-a-days, is full of deceptions. Don't get me wrong, all of these corporations of full of deception/trickery, but Tech Industry, as of late, has really raise up the ante.

On Friday, when I received an e-mail telling me about Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 debuting, I immediately thought to myself, "this is basically the same as PowerDVD 14." And I was getting really to delete the e-mail, and right before I did, I read the headline on how PowerDVD 15 is the 1st Commercial HEVC Media playback to use Hardware-acceleration.

I immediately thought to myself that couldn't be given that PowerDVD 14 was being advertised last year for having HEVC support. So I read the e-mail thoroughly and realized that PowerDVD 14 did, indeed, have HEVC support for decoding, but only for software, not for hardware-acceleration.

Despite this being kinda false advertisement, i.e. legal grievance, I just went ahead and bought the Ultra PowerDVD 15 with my hard-earnt money. I been using PowerDVD 14 for months so it would be hard-pressed trying to get a refund based upon false advertisement at this stage.

On a whim, I decided that if Cyberlink is so under-handed to do this with decoding, I should check if they are doing the same with encoding- PowerDirector 13. And just like PowerDVD 14, PowerDirector 13 was being advertised as having HEVC support for encoding; but now after contacting Cyberlink and gettting an official response from them, I realized I was duped again because PowerDirector 13 doesn't support Hardware-acceleration.

Which basically means that Cyberlink within a couple of months will be coming out with yet another iteration of their PowerDirector series which will be dubbed the 1st Commercial Editing Software to feature HEVC encoding with Hardware-Acceleration.

In other words: We want more of your money so bend over nicely so we can stick it in real deep.

The Tech Industry really needs to get sued in oblivion. Whether it's Microsoft and Google helping the government to spy on us, Nvidia lying to their customers about VRAM on their graphics cards or even their H.265 encoder not working right out the box as being advertised- the bottom line is: the customers will get screwed.

Now if anybody is reading this that knows a modicum about editing, you immediately know how important it is to have Hardware-acceleration for Encoding and Decoding; especially now with H.265/HEVC compression which is very intricate than its predecessor- H.265/AVC compression.

Even if you have a X99 chipset with 6 cores/12 threads, you still won't be fast enough to have a clear/crisp picture with H.265 media files; so why would Cyberlink advertise PowerDvD 14 as having HEVC decoding-support yet not for hardware-acceleration???

Likewise with Encoding, if anybody is reading this that knows anything about editing, you will know how important hardware-acceleration is pertaining to encoding. When I first bought PowerDirector 13, I test it out with my Intel i7-4790K which is a beast yet it took me a hour to encode/render a 4 min 1080p video in HEVC compression. An hour just for a 4 min video! Cyberlink knows that customers who are interested in HEVC compression are going to want to shorten their rendering time as much as possible; so why would they put out PowerDirector 13 with HEVC support but without Hardware-acceleration???

Not to mention how PowerDirector 13's converter doesn't work well when convert 720p video from Windows Media Center (WTV format) into M2TS format.

But let me guess......In PowerDirector 14 this will be all addressed and taken care of.

The Tech Industry needs to go bankrupted.
You haven't produced no proof yet.....right now, you didn't even that all the Maxwell Series had dedicated H.265 encoders on them not to mention you didn't even know that you are able to H.265 encoding via software I already did and stated.

dude. yes, it will NOT!

1st gen Maxwell like mine, GTX750, isn't supported.

2nd gen GTX970 & GTX980, isn't supported

3rd gen GTX960 (decode & encode HEVC H.265) and all the M series isn't supported.

'PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the video hardware acceleration feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver.'

which my GTX750 and your GTX980 can't use older drivers.

i've spent 100 peanuts and you've spent 550 peanuts to find it out.

well sorry about that; however, not everything is lost. PD13 still does H.265 and

produces excellent videos if the bitrate is kept high as original video bitrate,

produced video is excellent.

p.s.

I don't work for CyberLink

What are you talking about???? Are you under the influence when you are posting or something?? Nvidia's Maxwell Series all have dedicated H.265 Encoders, the 960 also have a dedicated H.265 decoder. As I keep saying for the gazillionth time, Nvidia lied to everyone by not allowing customers to use the H.265 straight out the box. I already spoken to Nvidia on this way back when I bought the 980.

But the simple question I have is with Cyberlink, not Nvidia. For the umpteenth time, after Cyberlink's flim-flam with PowerDVD 14, I simply want to know is this the same for PowerDirector 13 and H.265 encoding.

Please learn how to read and comprehend.....this is getting real old.

Quote: Moorish

Seeing your posting I decided to check here on my recent ATI R9 270, not active for HA (H265) HEVC options.

Works great for XAVC S'll probably use this for temporary files in HD or FullHD.

Works also for H264 - AVC and WMV only to fullhd above not active HA. (for all)

Yea, but a R9 270 doesn't have a H.265 encoder, only a H.264 if I'm correct. The only cards that do have a H.265 encoder are Nvidia's Maxwell Series. But the problem was, as I described in my first post, Nvidia lied by not telling people the H.265 encoding isn't enabled right out the box and will be later in time so when I bought the 980 Classified back in February, I wasn't able to test out does PowerDirector 13 even allows hardware-acceleration for h.265 encoding.

And with the flim-flam Cyberlink pulled with PowerDVD 14 supporting HEVC, but only software-decoding, I want to know if this is the same thing with PowerDirector 13 and encoding.
Quote: Moorish, with the greatest respect, you won't get many people replying to your posts if they all read like this one.

You won't find a more knowledgeable bunch of people than there are on this forum. If something can be done on PD13, someone here will know.

I would start again if I were you. Oh, and be less rude this time.

Dude, let's cut out the BS. Alot of people on here are shills to begin with. 2nd of all, dude in the above post didn't even know about HEVC encoding and also, he admitted he is not familiar with this area; hence, then why post on it???

I simply came on here to know two simple things: A) Am I the only one experiencing problem with native 720p video conversion B) Does PowerDirector 13 even allow hardware-acceleration with HEVC encoding.

Somebody already answered the first question for me; and for the last question, the only reason I even wanted to know that was because of the flim flam Cyberlink did with PowerDVD 14.

And to exemplify the shill nature of this forum, when I brought that up on the PowerDVD 15 forum, a shill came in and immediately made it seem like it was my fault that Cyberlink advertised PowerDVD 14 as having HEVC support (but only as software decoding which is moot because software decoding on H.265 compression is not fast enough to give you a clear picture).

That was sneaky of Cyberlink to fooled people like that out of their hard-earnt money, but as usual, the shills come in and try to "damage control" for them. He was making up lies/excuses and I destroyed all of them.

Hence, why I want to know is Cyberlink pulling the same flim flam with PowerDirector 13 on encoding with hardware-acceleration.

I wasted enough time with you, so I already contacted Cyberlink directly to ask them so I will get an official answer.
What is it that you are posting to me??? You didn't even know PD 13 could do H.265 compression with software encoding. I just want a simple answer to a simple question: Could you do hardware-acceleration with H.265 encoding????
Quote:
Quote: I think is has something to do with the conversion from Window Media Center. When converting WTV format to M2TS format for editing it always mess up with 720p video.
Yes, I have the same issue and have stopped using PD13 to convert .WTV recorded files from ABC channel which uses 720p@60fps. I bought PD specifically for this purpose. Works well with othe channels except ABC network here.

This is not a hardware issue and has nothing to do with your computer configuration. Cyberlink needs to fix the conversion from .WTV to .m2ts for [url=mailto:720p@60fps.
]720p@60fps.
[/url]

Thank for the feedback because I been wondering ever since I bought this software why does this keep on happening. Not only ABC for me, but I record alot of Fox News as well and it's in 720p natively. I can cope with it a little bit, but it's annoying as hell.

Do you know the answer to my second question about being able to use hardware-acceleration with H.265??? I am starting to get the feeling that I got duped with PD 13 just as I did with PowerDVD 14.
It couldn't be neither because I already rendered plenty of videos in H.265 compression using software encoding with PowerDirector 13. I simply want to know, is PowerDirector 13 able to do hardware-acceleration encoding with H.265 compression???? I simply want to know this because Cyberlink already pulled a fast one on me with PowerDVD 14 not being able to do hardware-acceleration for HEVC decoding.
Go to: