Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using the resource monitor it seems my CPU is the problem. Task manager shows so much stuff going on in the background that my CPU is peaking out at 100% often. Is there a killall program that can decipher which processes are safe to close?
You have been so much help. Thank you. I have also been working with Cyberlink support and just sent in a bunch of files and logs they requested. Perhaps they will find something. You are helping me get some work done tonight though, thanks.
The freeze does not seem to happen to nay certain clips or effects or power tools. I am 25 minutes into a video though where many crops, effects and speed changes have been made, but not to every clip. It normally happens when trimming a clip or making any adjustment, large or small. My first project was over an hour long with no such issues, So I am wondering why it is doing it so often now. It has really slowed my workflow.
Ok. Tried it, and most of the clips that were just uneditable are now editable. It is still affecting some clips, but probably 80-90% less. Maybe this will also help with the freesing problem?
Should I ignore the warning about reducing my framerate? "Timeline Frame Rate Conflict"
Is my video card the culprit here? I thought a 2GB card would be sufficient...
Not yet. I'll try that next. I watched your video. I now see what is happening. Same thing is happening to me, but it doesn't matter when in the timeline that it occurs. It seems to happen towards the beginning of the last section of my video I edited before saving and closing. Why has this issue not been fixed if it was an issue in PD12?
I am using 2604. I tried 2822 and it would crash while loading every time I tried to open it. This problem still persists. Every time I save and close the program when I reopen it all the files I was previously working on no longer have editing tools as a an option.
Here is one clip and the version is 13.0.2604.0
I've tried updating the video card driver, I have uninstalled and reinstalled PD13, I have restored Windows, I have updated all my other driver and still have no releif from this freezing issue. It is starting to freeze every few edits now and freezes for 10-30 seconds. Mostly it recovers itself but every so often it never recovers and either shuts itself down or I am fforced to close it. Any other suggestions?
SFC scan results. And CBs.log. I have no idea what either of these tell. My results said I have corrupt files, but it doesn't seem that windows made an attempt to fix them. How do I do that? Is this my issue?

I will also try disconnecting my second monitor, thank you JL_JL.
Thank you. Here is my video card. I will do the windows scan now.
Yes, I did notice that. It does not happen while I am working on it, only after reopening it. Even if I put my computer to sleep with the program open it remains fine. What compounds the problem is that PD often freezes on me, most of the time for only a few seconds but about once or twice during an editing session it freezes and does not recover, which then makes me force close it and open it again where the problem occurs.
Screen shots again.
Here is my dxdiag.
Barrythecrab,

How do I do that? My picture is a much higher resolution photo, but it uploaded at about 1/10 of its resolution.
Ynotfish,

Yes they do, but then if I change the speed or trim the clip the audio file becomes useless.
I am having an issue with some clips becoming uneditable for no apparant reason. The options to use all editing tools disappear, but only on what appears to be randome clips in small groups. Customer support told me to unlink the video and audio and then relink them for a fix. This did not work. The editing tool options do reappear when the audio and video are unlinked, but that doesn't help me. What could be the real issue, what is going on? I am not doing any linking/unlinking on my own that I know of. I am using minimal transitions, I often manipulate the speed of my clips, have two video tracks, a text track and a music track that I am using. Any help would be appreciated.

I have what I thought would be a great computer for editing but when using PD 13 I am consistantly facing freezes that require me to force the program to close or short "freezes" lasting 3-20 seconds that the program recovers from. On my old computer using sony editing software I used to use a "kill all" program before editing. I didn't think I needed anything like that with this computer, maybe I'm worng. I have a hard time believing that an i7 with 24gb of ram is not enough to run this program. Perhaps I have my settings wrong or could use recommendations on a "kill all" program for windows 8. Please help.

To clarify, my files are not unlinked. I still have the option to unlink them by right clicking on it. Unlinking the file and then linking it back again was cyberlink's support representative's solution which did not work. Perhaps the clip is behaving like it is "unlinked" and that is why alll editing tools disappeared, I don't know. All I know is that random clips throughout my project no longer have the option of using any editing tools unless I unlink my video from the audio. I would imagine this is true for the OP since my situation is the same. Previous to the customer sport response I had never messed with or attempted to link or unlink any if my video clips.
Go to: