Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm back,
One more thing, I have PD6 and am disappointed in the fact that there are so many neat things you can do to your productions with it, except for the fact that they all increase the size of your final product. I just made a DVD movie that I kept to 52 minutes but it was actually much larger because of all the effects I added. I was able to change the compression to SP instead of HQ. It almost cut in half the amount of space it took up with surprisingly good resolution. Read the instruction manual, it tells you how to do it. I was on pins and needles the entire time I worked on this project, I can't tell you how many times it crashed. I have discussed this in previous postings.
Good Luck,
Debra
Hi Brian,
DVDShrink will not work on power director projects. I tried it, it does not recognize the file type.
It seems that PD requires very specific conditions under which it can operate. Dafydd has mentioned on numerous occasions that it is our systems that have the problem due to this and this and that. If, this is the case, why doesn't Cyberlink put in the manual that you must meet these conditions in order for the software to run properly??? We all don't just inherintly know these things. It would make life so much easier....
Hey Enrico,
I owe you an apology, I was getting cocky because pd6 was actually working fine for all of a day or two then, poof, it crashed... OK, my computer is almost sterile, it is soooo clean. It has to be the project I am working on currently. I have almost 3 hours of video that I am editing down to an hour or less. PD6 works fine on everthing else, but now I can not open this project anymore, it crashes everytime. I think I need to upgrade to 1g or more memory. I currently have 512 mb. I have done everything else, maybe this will work. I am going to take care of this within the next few days (I am obsessive with my movie making) I will let you know what happens. This is like a reality show We uns may figure this out yet!!
Hang in there all,
Debra
I did not even attempt to start a project in my previous version, which was pd4 and carry it over to pd6. I anticipated incompatibility between them and from what I read, it is a distinct possibility. I started a brand new project when I upgraded and ended up deleting all previous projects. I feel better knowing that it is the software that has problems, for the longest time I thought I had a satanically possessed computer
Remember, praying hard helps a bunch!
Debra
Hi Enrico,
Support was marginal, they just had me doing the same things that they tell everyone else on this forum. I still have crashes, but much less often. And I save the project as I am working on it every couple of minutes. I have an external hard drive that I keep all my video clips, photographs, etc. to keep power director happy and running. I also scan with Nortons all the time to keep everything perfect. This software is very "highstrung". PD6 is worth it, if you have the patience for it! I have not completed my first movie yet since getting pd6, I hope it will work. Good Luck,
Debra
Hi all,
I have been using power director since version 3 and have always had problems. The support is marginal, basically you figure it out yourself, and I have learned extreme patience I very recently upgraded to pd6 and it started crashing right away. I have figured out that it is a very touchy software. I have been closely studying all of the postings in this forum and I am so thankful for all your challenges, because it helped me correct my problem. You can not keep your completed movies or video clips stored on the computer you use to make movies, because pd gets overwhelmed fast with it and can't handle it. They all need to be emptied from your trash can as well. Hope this helps!
P.S. Praying hard helps also
Debra
Go to: