Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
File Size Problem
Janice [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2007 06:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
I'm new to the Forum and a newbie to video editing.
I've shot some of my sons sports matches and edited them well with powerdirector. (Only 1hr long though).
I've recently filmed a dance show which lasted 2hrs 20mins. I realised after shooting that I wouldn't be able to fit on 1 dvd so have split film into 2 halves. 1st half just fits. Second half is 5900mb. I've used smart fit and have lost some video quality. Has anyone any other suggestions what I can do without losing quality. I can't trim any more off.

Many thanks
Janice
[Post New]
If I understand the problem correctly.This is the way I would do it:

Make the second half of the movie, dont burn it to DVD copy it to c:\ Drive.
Download DVDShrink (Freeware) and shrink the movie (You wont lose any quality) and then burn to DVD.

Instructions for DVD Shink come with it, or you can download comprehensive instructions if there is any confusion.

pm me if I can help further I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Debra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2007 13:24 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brian,
DVDShrink will not work on power director projects. I tried it, it does not recognize the file type.
Debra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2007 13:24 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm back,
One more thing, I have PD6 and am disappointed in the fact that there are so many neat things you can do to your productions with it, except for the fact that they all increase the size of your final product. I just made a DVD movie that I kept to 52 minutes but it was actually much larger because of all the effects I added. I was able to change the compression to SP instead of HQ. It almost cut in half the amount of space it took up with surprisingly good resolution. Read the instruction manual, it tells you how to do it. I was on pins and needles the entire time I worked on this project, I can't tell you how many times it crashed. I have discussed this in previous postings.
Good Luck,
Debra
[Post New]
Hi Debra,

If you process a PDR6 project to the end production of a DVD (ie create a VOB files on the C: Drive) DVDShrink will read the DVD.
Maybe I didnt make it obvious within my response.

It is interesting to see that you have located the HQ and SP option within PDR.
Its the old saying "if all else fails read the instructions"

Have a great day

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2007 19:42

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.