Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I recently purchased the upgrade for Power DVD, but it refuses to play on my laptop. I have already paid for this once and shouldn't have to do so again. Help?
Quote I am trying to listen to a book on tape, a CD version, but Power DVD won't go beyond 'detecting drive'. What should I do?

Tell us more about the cd. Size, where did you get it? If you use Windows to look at what is on the tape, post a screeen shot of the contents.

It's a library copy of B is fo Burglar by Sue Grafton. The program had been working just fine, but Windows updated last night when I turned my laptop back on, and now it won't work.
Quote Hi Cobalt,

Please update the software and check also if the cd is ok.

Greetings
Hicham

The software is freshly updated, actually, and the CD is a new one.
I am trying to listen to a book on tape, a CD version, but Power DVD won't go beyond 'detecting drive'. What should I do?
Sorry I didn't explain it very well. I wanted to install the new version in hopes that it would make the pop up go away, and then I ran into the second issue. What is the discounted price on PowerDVD 14?
I don't know what's missing. The download worked fine, there was no problem with that, but when I tried to install it, it failed. I'm mostly computer-illiterate, btw, but I wanted to install the latest version. I'm using 12 now, and for some reason its showing me a pop up window during the movie showing the running time and such. Can you advise me on making that go away?
I was trying to install the newest iteration of Power DVD, and it said I needed a non-trial version for the installation to succeed. Where do I find a non-trial version?
Go to: