Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch Issue
Cobalt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2015 10:58 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying to install the newest iteration of Power DVD, and it said I needed a non-trial version for the installation to succeed. Where do I find a non-trial version?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was trying to install the newest iteration of Power DVD, and it said I needed a non-trial version for the installation to succeed. Where do I find a non-trial version?

You buy it !

Do you have a purchased version? If yes, then do you have the PowerDVD Live version?

Usually, trial versions are somewhat up to date. What is missing or what problem do you have? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Cobalt [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know what's missing. The download worked fine, there was no problem with that, but when I tried to install it, it failed. I'm mostly computer-illiterate, btw, but I wanted to install the latest version. I'm using 12 now, and for some reason its showing me a pop up window during the movie showing the running time and such. Can you advise me on making that go away?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I don't know what's missing. The download worked fine, there was no problem with that, but when I tried to install it, it failed. I'm mostly computer-illiterate, btw, but I wanted to install the latest version. I'm using 12 now, and for some reason its showing me a pop up window during the movie showing the running time and such. Can you advise me on making that go away?

Now you have me confused. Are you saying that you own PowerDVD 12 (non trial version) and now you want to update to PowerDVD 14 at the discounted price?

How does that relate to the pop up window? When you are playing a movie, right click on the screen and a dropdown window will appear. One of the options is to "Show Information" . Uncheck that. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Cobalt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry I didn't explain it very well. I wanted to install the new version in hopes that it would make the pop up go away, and then I ran into the second issue. What is the discounted price on PowerDVD 14?
stevek
[Post New]
Were you able to fix the second issue - the information?

Which level of PowerDVD 14? This looks like a good deal: Click on the upgrade button and then the drop down to select your current version.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/features_en_US.html .