Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A crucial editing feature for handling 360 degree footage is setting the
initial viewing angle for each clip. Even in 360, there are more and
less intersting things going on around the camera, and I'd like to point
the viewer in the right direction even if he or she can then choose to
turn somewhere else. Everybody who edited 360 degree footage knows how
important and useful this feature would be. I bought PD 15 for its
avertised ability to "edit" VR videos. Please add this function as an
update to 15. Thanks.
Same here. I upgraded from PD 14 to 15 because of the advertised 360 degree video "editing" features. There was no other reason. 15 does not offer any improvement for me except the claimed ability to deal with 360.

Choosing the initial viewing angle is absolutely crucial. On all my 360 degree footage so far the default direction points to my face. The story board looks like it belongs to the project of an egomaniac. I want the viewer to see the mountains and yaks and yurts from my Pakistan trip, not my face!
When using the enticing "share" button in viewer & browser mode of Photodirector, sharing via e-mail fails. The program says MS Outlook is not installed although Outlook is my regular e-mail client. Do I have to register Outlook somewhere in Phd?

I am using Photodirector 7 (7.0.6901.0) and MS Outlook 2016 (subscription).

Any input is, as always, highly appreciated!

Cheers,

Finn
Hello PIX,

Thank you very much for replying to my question and taking the time to think about it.

Yes, I usually also prefer not to overwrite but this time the function has an application. I want to merge two photo libraries, the second one of which was managed using Picasa. In order to convert Picasa ratings (the "stars") into proper EXIF star ratings, I gave all Picasa starred pictures a new tag, then selected all these pictures with this tag in Photodirector and gave them stars there. In order to avoid filling my library with hundreds of double pictures I then need to export and overwrite. (It was only the rating that changed anyway.)

The error is not due to the big bulk, though. It also occurs if I only select two files to export. Also, Picasa is closed when I try to write the files so it should not be a permission error. Or could it still be one?

Did nobody experience a similar phenomenon? My pictures are on an external SSD but the kind of hard drive shouldn't influence the export process.

I am thinking about submitting a support ticket now.

Finn
When trying to export a number of photos to their original locations (each is in a different folder, they have a tag in common), I consistently get the error "The folder path you specified is invalid. Check that this is correct and then try again." This also happens if I try to export just two highlighted pictures, but not with a single one.

The "Folder" field of course says "mixed" in this case. Export to subfolders is also not possible.

Am I overlooking something? Im using PhotoDirector Ultra 7 7.0.6901.0 64bit with the latest patch.

I'm grateful for any kind of input.
Go to: