Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exporting to multiple locations fails
FinnMK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Japan Joined: Dec 17, 2014 10:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When trying to export a number of photos to their original locations (each is in a different folder, they have a tag in common), I consistently get the error "The folder path you specified is invalid. Check that this is correct and then try again." This also happens if I try to export just two highlighted pictures, but not with a single one.

The "Folder" field of course says "mixed" in this case. Export to subfolders is also not possible.

Am I overlooking something? Im using PhotoDirector Ultra 7 7.0.6901.0 64bit with the latest patch.

I'm grateful for any kind of input.
[Thumb - cyb photod 2.JPG]
 Filename
cyb photod 2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
30 time(s)
[Thumb - cyb photd 1.JPG]
 Filename
cyb photd 1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello FinnMK,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

You are absolutely correct. When you use those export settings - same location, overwrite without warning, file name - there certainly is an issue. I've seen it before, though I don't typically choose to overwrite original files.

If you select *original location, *Use unique names without warning, *File Name - sequence, your multiple photo selection will export correctly to the original location.

This began as a simple screen capture but it escalated itself! embarassed It also shows the process of exporting to sub-folders within the original.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
FinnMK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Japan Joined: Dec 17, 2014 10:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello PIX,

Thank you very much for replying to my question and taking the time to think about it.

Yes, I usually also prefer not to overwrite but this time the function has an application. I want to merge two photo libraries, the second one of which was managed using Picasa. In order to convert Picasa ratings (the "stars") into proper EXIF star ratings, I gave all Picasa starred pictures a new tag, then selected all these pictures with this tag in Photodirector and gave them stars there. In order to avoid filling my library with hundreds of double pictures I then need to export and overwrite. (It was only the rating that changed anyway.)

The error is not due to the big bulk, though. It also occurs if I only select two files to export. Also, Picasa is closed when I try to write the files so it should not be a permission error. Or could it still be one?

Did nobody experience a similar phenomenon? My pictures are on an external SSD but the kind of hard drive shouldn't influence the export process.

I am thinking about submitting a support ticket now.

Finn

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2016 06:06

[Post New]
Hello Finn,

Submitting a support ticket is a good idea. Additionally, I'll contribute to the investigation/resolution of the issue by reporting it directly to CyberLink.

Graphics software? I use a number of different programs, depending on my particular purpose. Of the open-source ones I use, Paint.NET & GIMP are preferred. PhotoShop is in the mix, but I've only recently begun learning to use it.

Unless you want a deliberate blur effect, I'd leave Gaussian Blur out of any template creation. If you're modifying others' graphics, as I often do, establish that the original image has high quality first. One way I do that is to zoom in (up to 2000%) to inspect edges & artifacts.

I understand your purpose in overwriting. It may be necessary, until the issue is resolved, to export your images to a separate folder - then delete the original.

PIX PIX YouTube channel