Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm one of the unfortunate owners of a notebook with an Nvidia graphic card and a intel core i7 3rd generation.

this mix give a PowerDirector that works extremly slow and hangs for 1 second evry time I move the time slider on timeline...

finally i've installed the new Nvidia drivers versione 350.12 and all works fine.

It seems I can breathe again :

My powerdirector is 64 bit and version number 12.0.3403.0

Hope this can help someone other like me :
i solved by downloading the latest patch of powerdirector with build 3403 and downgrading a little bit the quality of preview.

now the program works fine enough
wich version of Nvidia driver has you installed? I think I have the same issue...

thanks!
I'm not expert with YUYV codecs... but... maybe can help if you install FFDSHOW on your PC. It's like single codec that can manage many types of file (H264, MPEG, DivX, Xvid, )

Maybe it can decode YUYV files better than windows's standard codec... and maybe it's compatible con PD12.

Alternatively you can try make a frameserver with virtualdub and open it in PD12.
But I never tried this, I've only read on internet this possibility....
... this codec is not so much commonly used... I think...

Can you play the file recorded with Windows Media Player? If it plays in VLC doesen't matter, VLS uses their own codecs not the one supplied by windows.

I think PD uses, for avi files, the codecs installed in the operating system, maybe your windows can't play the file.

But I'm thinkink: why you want use this format instead of MPEG4?

Have you tried to work with smaller avi files?
what kind of codec uses your device to record in AVI format?

maybe, that codec is unsupported by PD

have you tried to record and edit a small clip? about 100-800MB?
Thanks all,
I made this question because mi ActionCam (JVC Adixxion GC-XA1) records with the format MP4 AVC, apparently the same I use to produce my projects, but PDR wont use SVRT

The clips taken wit my ActionCam are MP4 with this specs:
Codec AVC (avc1)
Bitrate: about 7Mbps
Frame size: 1280x720
Framerate: 30.00

At the moment I don't have the files to analyze (I'm at the office) ... this evening (now it's 8.50am) I will do some tests and I will post the details of input clip and output produced file.
Hi all,
I'm thinking to encode all clips needed for a project before inserting them into the project/timeline.
So I can produce many times sparing a lot of time encoding. (I see a lot of errors only when watching the produced file ... )

I've tried to encode all my clips to MP4 AVC 1280x720 @ 30.00(also 29.97) fps 10Mbps and audio stereo AAC 192kbps.

This is the format I will produce my videos.

BUT PowerDirector shows me in SVRT track that it will re-encode all clips, even if the clips are put on timeline without effects, transitions etc.. nothing else ... only my clips.

Is maybe MP4 AVC a format that is incompatible with SVRT of PDR 12????

thanks in advance!
Michele
Many thanks,
i've set the "drop frame timecode" to NO, so the timeline will run at 30.00fps: the same of the video source. But PDR still alert me that timeline frame rate differs from the clip.... the message appears even if the value of setting is YES I don't know what think about this alert...

I attached 3 images of :
- program settings (30fps)
- alert message
- info about clip

The problem of frames freezed is VERY VERY strange... i've made some tests and re-encoded the clip in another .mp4 file with with the same codec (H264 AVC) with same fps, same resolution, higher video bitrate and higher audio bitrate (to loose less details as possible).
I've replaced in timeline the problematic file with the re-encoded and the problem vanished. Then i reinserted the original file and the problem returned....
So I understand the original file has some problems in his stream, but I don't get a sense of why VLC & WMP plays the file fine.

In PDR i can scroll the video by one frame at time and at the problematic frame i can see 9 frames replicated. In VLC i can also move cursor by one frame at time an I can see the real frames "hidden" in PDR.

Excuse me for the verbose response, maybe i'ts a way to train my english

In conclusion of this strange experience, i solved it re-encoding the file but is not the right way to solve and comprehend the problem. I believe in future I will encounter other times this oddity almost until I will buy another ActionCam ...

Thankyou all Dan, Daniel and MPEG_Streamclip (for free reencoding) :

P.S.
the avatar taken in Montepulciano was better than your last

ahhhhhh, finally someone explained me what is the meaning of that checkbox
I made a search with google but didn't found an explanation so immediate and clear.

thankyou very much.

P.S.
VLC with ctrl+J tells me the file is 30fps so in the preferences of PD i will not check the drop frames checkbox. right?
thank you for interest : ,
I think the problem is in the file because i've noticed the problem working in a project with many files.
I opened and closed PDR various times but the problem is still there.
I've tried also to to delete shadowed files generated by PDR but the problem returns...

Then i've tried to create a new project with only the file with problem and the problem comes out in the same position (at the same minute,second of the source file) even if the position of the file is different in the two projects.

I haven't tried to encode file in another format before import in PDR, and I prefer not to encode files before editing to mantain a good quality of results and to save time

The strange thing is that in VLC and WMP the original file plays good, without visible gaps.

Tomorrow i'll try to re-encode the file to se if something changes.

thankyou and see ya in cyberspace!
Hi all , I'm new to this forum and I hope I can find a solution (or almost a reason) to my problem.

I have a JVC Adixxion camera that creates .MP4 (AVC H264) files with resolution of 1280x720 @ 30.00fps, the audio is MPEG AAC @44.1KHz.

The file looks pretty good if I run it on WindowsMediaPlayer or VLC...

If I import this file in PDR 12 the software alerts me the timeline and the file have different framerates... but i'ts not true.
I have selected in the settings of PDR 30fps for timeline and the file is 30.00fps!
Maybe, when I select 30fps, PDR internally sets 29.97fps????

I don't think this alert is the cause of my problem because the problem comes out after only 30 seconds.
When I play it from timeline (and also when I play the produced file in VLC or WMP) after about 30 seconds from start I can notice the video is not fluid: scrolling the frames on timeline one by one I can see that between two frames are missing one or more other frames. I think more than a single frame is missing becasue the gap is perfecly visible when playing the video at normal speed.

Is there someone that has sperimented the same issue? is the source file "corrupted"? Even if WMP & VLC can play it greatly smoothly??

Thanks in advance!
Michele

P.S.
excuse me for poor english... at scool I've studied German... but I know it less than english
Go to: