Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HELP POWERDIRECTOR 12 LAG D:
NiceJared [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2014 19:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
[code]Just bought Powerdirector 12 ultimate after using pinnacle for a long time.. I was ready for something better.. I have an amazing laptop that can run any game I throw at it but for some reason this editing software is laggy Like when I scroll through the timeline bar it goes in chunks and makes editing pretty much impossible. I have
2.4 ghz i7
14 GB RAM
90 gigs left in my c-drive
Windows 8.1 64-bit

also if its a matter of space then would it be a smart idea to install it on my external harddrive?
Any ideas? I'm at a loss I've done so much research on this already

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2014 21:04

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Jared,
it would be nice if you altered the title of your thread a little, we try to be "family friendly".
Also, you'll find crunching HD video a tad more strenuous on equipment than gaming, or so I've been told.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
NiceJared [Avatar]
[Post New]
So there's nothing I can do?
NiceJared [Avatar]
[Post New]
I mean pinnacle didnt go this slow.. I got this cause it was supposedly the fastest out there
NiceJared [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nevermind I just downgraded my nvidia driver and wallah it works smoothly.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Well,
welcome here, anyway. Glad you sorted that out. I was just checking up on things. Thanks for tweaking your thread title.
Others would no doubt have assisted you. We are all volunteers who enjoy using PD, and donate time to help fellow editors.
Any issues that pop up, come back and ask. Lots of good people here, and tutorials, too.
See my site for links to valuable resources, most of which have been mentioned here on the forum.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
wich version of Nvidia driver has you installed? I think I have the same issue...

thanks!
cornishman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2013 06:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
saved projects refuse to open even when saved under new name. Occasionally a project will open but I lose more than 99 percent of them.
[Post New]
i solved by downloading the latest patch of powerdirector with build 3403 and downgrading a little bit the quality of preview.

now the program works fine enough