Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wishing I hadn't. My PD14 was running great!
Installed yesterday folowing a youtube demo from PD univeristy.

Yes, same for me. Frustratingly slow.

Tried the express project, and it was like traveling to a land that time forgot. Kept hanging, no response from PC. Forced shut down and when it did work took at least 10 mins to get going once the project had been saved.
^
I'm not technical when it comes to computers. I test drive motorcycles and cars so bare with me.

The reason for the use of PD12 was to create video reviews using Drift Ghost-S and other action cam devices.

When I first transferred the files from the action cams, I clicked import and and then the file I required with the video files on the laptop. The computer would hang. I couldn't close it down without left clicking on the tab at the bottom of the screen. As i'd already given up, I went back to using Windows Movie maker and converted the files from the action cams to WMV. Just out of curiousity I tried importing those WMV files in PD12 and it responded with 100% success. However, the window displaying complete would not close down, and yet again I needed to close it down by clicking the tab or by task manager. On occasion, PD would not restart without restarting the laptop, it did, however, save the file and allowed me to edit and add music for example. When importing new files I had go through the same process.

Since posting this issue, I have had no problems at all. I can import directly from the Drift, Mobius or GoPro without the need to modify in WMM. As far as I am aware, it is doing exactly as I hoped of it.

I'm sorry I can't explain in more technical details, but I have made no modification or installed patches since the original post.

Thanks for the info, but for some reason the PD12 has been running great with no explanation. I have not needed to convert the files in window live, everything seems to be working as it should?
Hi,
Power Director 12 - 32Bit
Powerdirector Delux12.0.2930.0
SR Number VDE140423-01

In the screen shot I have provided, this is as far as I can get. The only way to close it down at the moment is in Task Manager. Prior to the recent patch install I could click the tab in the window bottom, where it would then ask me to save the work. On restart the work had been saved. However, more often than not, I cannot re-open PD once it has been closed via Task Manager. I have to restart the laptop.

Many Thanks
Hi folks.

I installed PD12 last night after seeing the reviews in some PC forums etc, however, I'm experiencing annoying problems.

After reading a few reports I have upgraded the patches etc but I'm still experiencing issue.

Originally, I could not import video media, it would simply hang and require me to force shut PD down. After converting the media via windows movie maker it would work but although it displayed 100% successful, it would still hang forcing me to shut it down, and on many occasions restart the laptop. Just to point out, when I forced closed it asked me to save the file which I did, and on restart it worked.

But since upgrading the problem has gone from annoying to terribly annoying! Now, even after force closing nothing is saved.

Can anyone assist with this issue. I have basic knowledge of computers btw.

I am using an HP Pavilion with windows 8.

Go to: