Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Sheldon,

Just either re-download the trials on the product pages for the software that you purchased, or in the members site, go to My Products and download from their along with the serials etc.

Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Hi iieeann.

I wil try and answer the questions as much as possible.

Hardware Acceleration these days does not really affect quality as much as it used to as hardware, mainly CPU's are fast enough to cope with the additional usage of advanced features and technologies.

TrueTheatre offers many advanced techniques for improving the quality of sub-HD content playback in PowerDVD 9. I would personally suggest enabling it, set each option to automatic and make sure that the use CUDA option is enabled.

If you are unable to use the CUDA-based effects, try CPU only and see if the quality is OK, as when done using the CPU, the performance impact may impact also on the quality.

PureVideo was originally designed as a suite of GPU-based video decoding technqiues.

You can tell if it is enabled by just checking the Enabled hardware acceleration option, and see if it says PureVideo or PureVideo HD next to it.

Also note, that you can NOT activate PureVideo and TrueTheatre, it has to be one or the other.

Also regarding the de-interlacing options. In the screenshot, you do see numbers listed there and unfortunately, unlike WinDVD which only shows a and option of enabling such acceleration, PowerDVD requires you to understand it properly before choosing an option correcty.

The best suggestion is to choose the entry begining 6CB69578 as this is the CLSID for the hardware acceleration provided by the graphics hardware driver installed on the system, and sometimes can provide improvements over standard DXVA-based acceleration due to vendor-specific optimiztions etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Hi @ Rob,

I have done some further testing and found that v9.0.1719a, which is the current version offered as a downloadable trial from the Cyberlink website, does not have the issues with showing either a blank display or pixelated green display.

However, if you update to v9.0.2115 or v9.0.2201 the issues are apparent in those versions, and it would seem that it is an isssue that Cyberlink clearly need to investigate, as it seems more like a change they have made which has caused this rather than a driver issue.

Regards,
Andrew Robinson.

PS: I currently have opened a support ticket regarding this, and pointing out these findings, and await a futher response from them. I will post the results here.
Hi,

I am having a similar issue with PowerDVD 9.

I have done some further testing and found that v9.0.1719a, which is the current version offered as a downloadable trial from the Cyberlink website, does not have the issues with showing either a blank display or pixelated green display.

However, if you update to v9.0.2115 or v9.0.2201 the issues are apparent in those versions, and it would seem that it is an isssue that Cyberlink clearly need to investigate, as it seems more like a change they have made which has caused this rather than a driver issue.

Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Hi @ Rob,

I do personaly think that it is more of a compatability problem between PowrDVD and the current releases of the Geforce drivers.

I have ran WinDVD with the current release drivers and it works fine, without issues.

I am currently running the NVIDIA driver v191.07 and 2x 8800GT's.

I think it is a problem with the way Hardware Acceleration and also the CUDA API was changed.

From what I can understand or have seen with relation to the files in the driver, I think that hardware acceleration using PureVideo via DXVA may have been disabled for a more conservative approach to using the CUDA Video Decode and Encode libraries which are provided in the newest releases. When compared to the previous releases, they did not seperate libraries for CUDA-based video functionality, which may be what PowerDVD is looking for.
Hi @Rob,

Windows Vista and Media Player 11 come with DVD MPEG2 decoding out-of-box, so the end-user does not have to purchase a 3rd party application.

The only downside I think is its ability to use advanced technologies like Dolby/DTS, HD Upscaling and HD/Blu-ray playback etc.
Hi Andre,

If this is original software, I would highly suggest that you contact Cyberlink support throught the member site.

As it is a serial problem, I would suggest just double-checking certain characters.

This type of problem could be seen with an illegal serial for example from a key generator, which obviously Cyberlink will provide no support or assistance.

Sorry unable to assist further.

Also, this has nothing to do with your OS being x64, I have installed all PowerDVD from v7+ on x64 OS's and had no problems with any of them.
Hi Neo,

I am also having this problem. I have emailed support, but not got a proper response on the issue as yet.

Can I just ask, are you using the Hardware Acceleration option in PowerDVD? Are you using TrueHD? What resolution do you run your desktop in?

I have attached 2 images below with the problem shown.

Both when trying to view a region 2 DVD Alien.

One is of playing the DVD and the other is of the Main Menu in of the DVD.

Any response from Cyberlink or anyone who has a similar problem, or resolved it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Test Post.
Go to: