Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello,

Yes, in the media library PowerDVD will display all of the videos it finds in the subfolders of a folder added in settings. If you want to maintain the folder structure when browsing, consider using the My Computer option in the media panel.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/21/pc-mode/enu/03_01_02_my_computer.html

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Hello and thanks.

Indeed this is the solution for the "videos clips" . However, it is not so good for the films, as it does not recognize the film structure ( BDMV folders); I guess the solution for me , will be to use the combination of "Film TV" on one side and "My computer" on the other. This will do fine.

I have a second question (which is no longer a problem, if I use "My Computer", but for the sake of learning what I do wrong...

When re-opening PowerDVD, the media library displays the" films" well but no longer the selected vidéos. I am presented the "add now" screen. The path for selected video folders are still in the "addition tabs" , but when clicking on OK to add them nothing happens. I have to remove these paths first , and then reload . Why ? Does the fact these vidéos (as for the film however) are on an external drive matters? The drive letter remains the same ...

Best regards
Hi

being new on using Power DVD, i am wondering if i do something wrong or this the way the program works:

when adding videos to the library, it seem the folder hierarchy existing on the disk is not fully reflected and the "intermediate" levels of folders are ignored.

exemple
folder A, subfolder AA, videos AA1, AA2 etc, subfolder AB, videos AB1,AB2 , ...
folder B, videos B1,B2 ...

the libray shows folder AA,folder AB, folder B ! the folder A does not show as the parent of AA and AB

Is it the way it works, with only one level of folder? No way around ?

thanks for your help

Alain
Thanks tomasc for your input.

I have indeed opened a ticket with the support.

From my tests I can now assess that the format H264 is not at stake, but just the specific position of the chapter marker in some instances. I even tried without fillers between chapters, but simply moving the marker a few frame and it works...

To answer your comment about my way to produce intermediate clips, here is the reason.
I produce BR films ( 2 to 3 hours each - compression works fine with photos) about my family chronicles ...
I use a data bank of circa 40000 photo and 800 clips (50 years of history) . In fact my films are tailored diaporamas with associated text and musics.
Because of the lenght of the time line and the numbers of elements ( 90 % are photos) a 3 hours films can contain up to 1500 photos and 100 texts comments. I feel safer splitting each film into several projects produced individually as MP4. A final project assembles them. It is not much longer since the final production based on the MP4 files is very fast.

Again thanks for your reply. If and when I get info from the support I will publlish them.
Hello

I produce clips created with PWD19 as MP4 files.
Up to now I was assembling these clips to produce BR disk using MP2 format.

For the first time I have produced my BR disk using H264 (to save space). When I read the disk on my TV, I can read the BR sequentially fine but the menu navigation bugs: the chapter selection works and goes to the right position on the film but the reading does not start and everything freezes. Same with the commands "next chapter" or fast read ...
I could conclude that the H264 format is only partly compatible with my reader. But ...

I have tried reading the hard disk file copy (BDMV and certificate) using Powerdvd21. Same result. Readind freezes when jumping to a chapter. So far Powerdvd was working perfectly with BDMV files produced as MP2.

I have checked that I can play the menu of this film on PWD fine ! For information, I have used the option 1 (start with menu and reads in sequence) on the menu parameters.

Is there a known issue related to H264 ? Do you have any experience of such a problem ?

Thanks for your hep
Regards
Alain

I have done further testing with other samples in H264. I came to the conclusion that the problem could come from the chapter marker placed right between clips. Rather strange because I newer had the problem with MP2. However I have added a little space filled with an vidéo effect between clips at chapter start and now menu navigation works now fine. I am still eager to get some comment about the issue.

Thanks
Hello.

I have a lot of BD disk authored with Power Director. I have kept the BDMV and Certificate folder for each of them.
I am looking for a software able to play them on PC directly from the hard drive.
Reading the video itself is not a problem but
1/ So far I have not found any program able to play the interactive "menus" as it is done on a BD player.
2/ I have found some programs able to recognize the existence of chapters, but they do not access the text associated with the chapter and only refer to their starting time.

I do not think that Power DVD does the job ?

Does any one knows more about possible solutions ?

Best regards

Alain

That is easy to do as I do it all the time. In your example above, break your video duration into titles. Say you have an eight hour disc to create and want 49 chapters total. Simply make 4 titles of say each 2 hours in duration. The first title will have the chapters 1 through 12 that you will create. Second title will have the chapters 13 through 24 that you will create, etc.

Created all the necessary titles as saved projects. Open the first title. Go to Create disc/Contents and add all the other created title projects.

As an alternative you can choose a menu and then add all the projects in the Create disc/Contents tab.. Either way works.

Thank you very much for this quick and helpful answer. In fact did not realize what "title" could do.
I have done a quick test and indeed it offer the second level I was looking for. I will rework my vidéo accordingly.

Best regards
Hello

When creating a disk, I would like to set up the menu structure the same way its appears on the commercial films (dvd or brd).

Indeed on these menus, you can see two levels on the chapter menu : the first level ( group) says for exemple 1-12, 13- 19 etc...
Once you have selected one (e.g. the first), you are presented with the next level showing the chapters 1,2, 3 .. 12. for selection.

Is this possible with Powerdirector in the menu structure creation ? If yes, I have not found a way to do it. If no, would not that be a valuable feature to add ?

I can indeed create a large number of chapters, but the navigation to reach the ones at the end of the film would be cumbersome.
For exemple if I create 50 chapters, and group them 8 by page , I would have to click 6 times to reach the last menu page and access chapter 49.

Thank you for your help.

AlainRay

Yes, PD12 had that third menu too.

See if this PD19 pic is enough for you to find it.

Jeff

OK Jeff Thanks a lot.

Follwing the help info, i was close to it, but I kept looking on the left hand side menus not on the bottom line ..

If not dumb at least blind ...

Thanks again for you help.

Alain

Yes, that was true in older versions, discontinued after PD14 when the "Mask Designer" tool was deployed. The "Mask Designer" is now available in the "Tools" menu and does the same task and others as when it was in the PIP Designer as a third tab as you note.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

Since i have just upgraded from PD12 to 19 ultimate i might be confusing.

However i do not see a "tools" menu on mye top bar. Nor do I see the " mask designer" entry in any of the menus...
I might just be dumb ? I hoped it may be located in the "extension" menu, but it is not the case.

Looking at my screen shot (it is a french version) , could you tell me where i should see this tool menu?

Alain
arrached is a screen shot when editing a photo?

If i remember well , there was third tab (after mouvement) allowing to open the mask window...

Alain
Hello

So far, I have been using masks to edit clips or photos.
I was not creating new masks but just using existing ones.
Now the tab has just disapeared ? I see "property" , "movement" but no longer "mask"

The only change I can think of is this one:

When I was launching PWD 19 , I was presented with a screen where I selected "complet mode". I checked the box "always start in complet mode" , and now I directly start in PWD19.... but without the mask function ???

I would be surprised it has anything to do, but I cannot think of something else ...

Thanks for you suggestions

Greetings
Alain ray
Go to: