Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 19 - menus and two levels chapter structure
AlainRay4492
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jun 02, 2014 03:10 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

When creating a disk, I would like to set up the menu structure the same way its appears on the commercial films (dvd or brd).

Indeed on these menus, you can see two levels on the chapter menu : the first level ( group) says for exemple 1-12, 13- 19 etc...
Once you have selected one (e.g. the first), you are presented with the next level showing the chapters 1,2, 3 .. 12. for selection.

Is this possible with Powerdirector in the menu structure creation ? If yes, I have not found a way to do it. If no, would not that be a valuable feature to add ?

I can indeed create a large number of chapters, but the navigation to reach the ones at the end of the film would be cumbersome.
For exemple if I create 50 chapters, and group them 8 by page , I would have to click 6 times to reach the last menu page and access chapter 49.

Thank you for your help.

AlainRay thanks and best regards
Alain
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello

When creating a disk, I would like to set up the menu structure the same way its appears on the commercial films (dvd or brd).

Indeed on these menus, you can see two levels on the chapter menu : the first level ( group) says for exemple 1-12, 13- 19 etc...
Once you have selected one (e.g. the first), you are presented with the next level showing the chapters 1,2, 3 .. 12. for selection.

Is this possible with Powerdirector in the menu structure creation ? If yes, I have not found a way to do it. If no, would not that be a valuable feature to add ?

I can indeed create a large number of chapters, but the navigation to reach the ones at the end of the film would be cumbersome.
For exemple if I create 50 chapters, and group them 8 by page , I would have to click 6 times to reach the last menu page and access chapter 49.

Thank you for your help.

AlainRay

That is easy to do as I do it all the time. In your example above, break your video duration into titles. Say you have an eight hour disc to create and want 49 chapters total. Simply make 4 titles of say each 2 hours in duration. The first title will have the chapters 1 through 12 that you will create. Second title will have the chapters 13 through 24 that you will create, etc.

Created all the necessary titles as saved projects. Open the first title. Go to Create disc/Contents and add all the other created title projects.

As an alternative you can choose a menu and then add all the projects in the Create disc/Contents tab.. Either way works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2021 10:08

AlainRay4492
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jun 02, 2014 03:10 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]

That is easy to do as I do it all the time. In your example above, break your video duration into titles. Say you have an eight hour disc to create and want 49 chapters total. Simply make 4 titles of say each 2 hours in duration. The first title will have the chapters 1 through 12 that you will create. Second title will have the chapters 13 through 24 that you will create, etc.

Created all the necessary titles as saved projects. Open the first title. Go to Create disc/Contents and add all the other created title projects.

As an alternative you can choose a menu and then add all the projects in the Create disc/Contents tab.. Either way works.

Thank you very much for this quick and helpful answer. In fact did not realize what "title" could do.
I have done a quick test and indeed it offer the second level I was looking for. I will rework my vidéo accordingly.

Best regards thanks and best regards
Alain