Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mask feature lost?
AlainRay4492
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jun 02, 2014 03:10 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

So far, I have been using masks to edit clips or photos.
I was not creating new masks but just using existing ones.
Now the tab has just disapeared ? I see "property" , "movement" but no longer "mask"

The only change I can think of is this one:

When I was launching PWD 19 , I was presented with a screen where I selected "complet mode". I checked the box "always start in complet mode" , and now I directly start in PWD19.... but without the mask function ???

I would be surprised it has anything to do, but I cannot think of something else ...

Thanks for you suggestions

Greetings
Alain ray

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2020 09:45

thanks and best regards
Alain
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So far, I have been using masks to edit clips or photos.
I was not creating new masks but just using existing ones.
Now the tab has just disapeared ? I see "property" , "movement" but no longer "mask"

The only change I can think of is this one:

When I was launching PWD 19 , I was presented with a screen where I selected "complet mode". I checked the box "always start in complet mode" , and now I directly start in PWD19.... but without the mask function ???

I would be surprised it has anything to do, but I cannot think of something else ...

Can you post a screen shot of the issue, that might make things clearer for some suggestions. Any chance the caret on the left in the Mask Designer is just closed so you are not seeing the masks?

Jeff
AlainRay4492
[Post New]
arrached is a screen shot when editing a photo?

If i remember well , there was third tab (after mouvement) allowing to open the mask window...

Alain
[Thumb - PWD19.PNG]
 Filename
PWD19.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2384 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
thanks and best regards
Alain
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote arrached is a screen shot when editing a photo?

If i remember well , there was third tab (after mouvement) allowing to open the mask window...

Alain

Yes, that was true in older versions, discontinued after PD14 when the "Mask Designer" tool was deployed. The "Mask Designer" is now available in the "Tools" menu and does the same task and others as when it was in the PIP Designer as a third tab as you note.

Jeff
AlainRay4492
[Post New]

Yes, that was true in older versions, discontinued after PD14 when the "Mask Designer" tool was deployed. The "Mask Designer" is now available in the "Tools" menu and does the same task and others as when it was in the PIP Designer as a third tab as you note.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

Since i have just upgraded from PD12 to 19 ultimate i might be confusing.

However i do not see a "tools" menu on mye top bar. Nor do I see the " mask designer" entry in any of the menus...
I might just be dumb ? I hoped it may be located in the "extension" menu, but it is not the case.

Looking at my screen shot (it is a french version) , could you tell me where i should see this tool menu?

Alain thanks and best regards
Alain
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Since i have just upgraded from PD12 to 19 ultimate i might be confusing.

However i do not see a "tools" menu on mye top bar. Nor do I see the " mask designer" entry in any of the menus...
I might just be dumb ? I hoped it may be located in the "extension" menu, but it is not the case.

Looking at my screen shot (it is a french version) , could you tell me where i should see this tool menu?

Yes, PD12 had that third menu too.

See if this PD19 pic is enough for you to find it.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_MaskDesigner.png]
 Filename
PD19_MaskDesigner.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
AlainRay4492
[Post New]

Yes, PD12 had that third menu too.

See if this PD19 pic is enough for you to find it.

Jeff

OK Jeff Thanks a lot.

Follwing the help info, i was close to it, but I kept looking on the left hand side menus not on the bottom line ..

If not dumb at least blind ...

Thanks again for you help.

Alain thanks and best regards
Alain