Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi

Just a few thoughts:

Your process works fine on my machine (Core 2 Quad, 2Gb, Vista, nvidia GT8500, PD7.00.1628a).

Have you tried turning AVG off? You never know - it does do an awful lot of processing in the back ground.

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

What happens if you produce said process? Does it produce and play ok then?

What happens if you change the playback quality settings?

If you don't get anywhere try Tech support - they're good - but be patient.

Kind regards

Benjamin
It would be nice if you could install more than one version of PD simultaneously (for me 6 and 7). It took me so long to uninstall PD6 and then install PD7 that I'd rather not do it again. This is a shame since PD7 has crashed rather a lot since I've been using it particularly with PD6 files. One time it even deleted the file I was working on! (But I'm a backup freak so I'm ok...)

The problems appear to be about missing files ie ones that I've moved on disc but still appear in the timeline. In PD7 defence I have got around these issues and it does look good. I'll contact tech support if I find any repeatable errors.

Benjamin
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my computer system. The selections available are a little mind boggling. With regard to selecting processor type is it worth getting a Core 2 Quad over a Core 2 Duo and can PowerDirector (6) make use of the extra cores? Also what use does PowerDirector 6 make of the graphics card? Basically if I get a fast processor will a fast graphics card be of use or would a basic one suffice? (I don't indend to use it for games.)

If any one has any suggestions or tips I would be grateful.

Benjamin
When I found this out (a little while ago) the system spec was as follows:

XP SP2
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.09Ghz
768Mb
Radeon 9550 256Mb (upgraded from a Radeon 7000 32Mb)
Gigabyte XT 400 (model GA 7VA)
120Gb + 80GB hds

Update:

Actually the problem continued and I solved it by reducing the speed/quality indicator setting (available in custom profile when you produce a file) down from 7 to 6. Stopped all of the above problems. Cyberlink tech suport didn't seem to know why.

Benjamin
Hi All

I'm having problems editing tv programmes that i've captured from freeview through a Hauppauge WinTV Nova T 500.

I capture directly using the WinTV software in the only quality available: "DVD 2048 bytes". I am assured by the manual that this is "native MPEG quality". Checking the bitrate of the files in PD6 shows that the bitrate varies, as it should, according to what channel the broadcast came from.

I would like to trim these files of excess footage - mainly adverts from the beginning middle and end. I would then like to save the files out as indivudual programmes in the same quality in which they were produced with no other changes.

Producing the files as HQ DVD results in files that 'look' very similar but in file size are much larger. eg: original file 58 minutes 1.03Gb, produced file 44 minutes 2.45GB. Trying to lower the bitrate to the maximum possible from the channel the file was recorded from eg Film4 Ave. 2.35Mbps, Max. 7.07Mbps, audio 160kbps resulted in poor quality reproductions.

Which of course is why we have SVRT. Except I can't get it to work. Setting any of these files to produce with SVRT results in the machine hogging all of the cpu, but not doing anything. I have left it running for over seven hours and I still don't have even 1% completion. On aborting the program typically crashes.

I do need to do more tests to find out just when this problem occurs but in the meantime any ideas?

Any help appreciated,
kind regards
Benjamin

A solution has been found!

It was (of course) my fault... I had installed a new graphics card incorrectly. First I hadn't correctly uninstalled the pevious drivers. The ati software didn't tell me i'd not done it correctly and the system still worked ok in all other aspects. So I should have followed the instructions properly.
Second I'd installed the drivers that came on the cd and hadn't searched for newer ones off the web. These may have helped too.

Many thanks to Cyberlink technical support. They do know what they are doing!
Whilst using PD6 recently I have had problems with producing files.

Most files produced, including unaltered files such as those that come with the package, appear with alternate black lines across the video. This is hopefully shown in the attached image. Only stills with no moving effects applied are unaffected. Purple splodges are also generously applied.

This is getting rather frustrating. I've completely reinstalled the program but to no effect.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind Regards
Benjamin
Go to: