Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Backward Compatability?
Maloney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2006 15:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have many projects completed in PD5 and some in the works. If I purchase an upgrade to PD7, will I be able to open and edit existing PD5 projects?
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't got a definitive answer for you, but I can't open any projects I did with PD5Express in PD7. Everything I've done with PD6Deluxe opens fine in PD7 however.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
PD6 and 7 are compatible, previous versions are not. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2007 15:22 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
It would be nice if you could install more than one version of PD simultaneously (for me 6 and 7). It took me so long to uninstall PD6 and then install PD7 that I'd rather not do it again. This is a shame since PD7 has crashed rather a lot since I've been using it particularly with PD6 files. One time it even deleted the file I was working on! (But I'm a backup freak so I'm ok...)

The problems appear to be about missing files ie ones that I've moved on disc but still appear in the timeline. In PD7 defence I have got around these issues and it does look good. I'll contact tech support if I find any repeatable errors.

Benjamin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2008 14:29