Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing problem in PD6
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2007 15:22 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Whilst using PD6 recently I have had problems with producing files.

Most files produced, including unaltered files such as those that come with the package, appear with alternate black lines across the video. This is hopefully shown in the attached image. Only stills with no moving effects applied are unaffected. Purple splodges are also generously applied.

This is getting rather frustrating. I've completely reinstalled the program but to no effect.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind Regards
Benjamin
 Filename
snapshot(6)j.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Benjamin,

You need to provide more information before any help can be given.

As you've posted in the JVC section is it right to assume it's a JVC cam you are using?

You should also make available a file/video of a couple of seconds that when imported into the PD6 displays the problem.

You also need to check your graphics card and DirectX.

I want you to provide more info on what you're actioning, every darn click selection you choose. On the source of video and image that displays this problem. I also want you to PM me your email address and be prepared to send files I request.

I need to confirm and replicate your problem with the files you provide....

I also will pass on your issue to CyberLink Tech Support BUT I would expect you to have contacted them first - please confirm you have done this.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Benjamin [Avatar]
[Post New]
A solution has been found!

It was (of course) my fault... I had installed a new graphics card incorrectly. First I hadn't correctly uninstalled the pevious drivers. The ati software didn't tell me i'd not done it correctly and the system still worked ok in all other aspects. So I should have followed the instructions properly.
Second I'd installed the drivers that came on the cd and hadn't searched for newer ones off the web. These may have helped too.

Many thanks to Cyberlink technical support. They do know what they are doing!
Benjamin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update:

Actually the problem continued and I solved it by reducing the speed/quality indicator setting (available in custom profile when you produce a file) down from 7 to 6. Stopped all of the above problems. Cyberlink tech suport didn't seem to know why.

Benjamin
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
What system are you running? i.e CPU, RAM, Mobo, Gpu.
Benjamin [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I found this out (a little while ago) the system spec was as follows:

XP SP2
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.09Ghz
768Mb
Radeon 9550 256Mb (upgraded from a Radeon 7000 32Mb)
Gigabyte XT 400 (model GA 7VA)
120Gb + 80GB hds