Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don't know why it did but it worked! Thank you!!
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I noticed this on the first video I edited using PD12 (this is the second) and I thought it was a rendering issue. For some reason, my movies look fine in timeline during edit, but when I produce them into video files I noticed there are random segments where certain cuts have tiny black bars on the sides (similar to 4:3 on an HD display, but the picture is not stretched in anyway).

Here's my current cut (still have to edit/adjust audio, subtitles, etc). Look closely at the sides: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My-Lfd8OeSk

I was hoping this issue would go away for my second video but it's still happening. I produced the video as mpeg4 and .mov both in 1080 by 1920 and I'm getting the same results. I don't know why most of the clips are fine and why random ones have this tiny black bar issue. If anyone has experienced and solved this issue please help!
Got it, thanks! Although they are now called tags instead of folders, they work the same way. "Add tag" = "add folder". Thanks again!
So tags essentially do the same thing. I see. Okay thanks! I guess I'll try the tags thing out. If they are pretty much the same thing I guess it should be fine~
Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm still a little confused reading through this post. Did you guys conclude that there IS NOT a way to organize media by folders but rather, only by filters? I just started using PD 12 and am still getting used to it after switching from Final Cut Pro 7. Thanks!
Hi guys,

Sorry if this sounds very noobish. I've used Final Cut Pro 7 in the past, Adobe Premier, and also VideoStudio Pro in the past. All of them have the ability to create folders or "bins", to organize your media when editing. This is one of the first steps I take when I start editing a video. I organize the clips into folders, like "Shoot 1", "Shoot 2", "Close-Ups" "B-Roll", etc.

As of now, every time I import my media, (even when I only import a specific folder), it is just thrown into the media library and kind of jumbled. I've tried searching for ways to create a new folder to separate and organize my media but I can't seem to do this. I would imagine there is a way because PowerDirector was rated very high up there with the other programs I mentioned, so it's probably right in front of my face Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Go to: