Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video looks fine in timeline, but black bars appear randomly after producing file. Please help!
fortunestar21 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pittsburgh, PA Joined: Mar 08, 2014 14:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I noticed this on the first video I edited using PD12 (this is the second) and I thought it was a rendering issue. For some reason, my movies look fine in timeline during edit, but when I produce them into video files I noticed there are random segments where certain cuts have tiny black bars on the sides (similar to 4:3 on an HD display, but the picture is not stretched in anyway).

Here's my current cut (still have to edit/adjust audio, subtitles, etc). Look closely at the sides: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My-Lfd8OeSk

I was hoping this issue would go away for my second video but it's still happening. I produced the video as mpeg4 and .mov both in 1080 by 1920 and I'm getting the same results. I don't know why most of the clips are fine and why random ones have this tiny black bar issue. If anyone has experienced and solved this issue please help!
[Post New]
Right Clik on one video clip.

Select, Set Clip Attributes / Set Aspect Ratio.

See image.

At the end of your project, save and reopen.

Then save to video file.

This procedure has corrected errors for me.

Maybe for you too.

Only my susgestão no guarantee it will work for you.
[Thumb - aspectratio.jpg]
 Filename
aspectratio.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
164 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2015 19:55

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
fortunestar21 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pittsburgh, PA Joined: Mar 08, 2014 14:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know why it did but it worked! Thank you!!