Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Organizing items in Media Library
Rlj42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2014 18:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
In PowerDirector 12, I would like to be able to create folders in the Media Library. I have seen several people point to an Add Folder icon in the Explorer View of the Media Library. Unfortunately, I do not have that icon. I only see an Add Tag Icon. I hope you can help me understand why I do not have the Add Folder option. Thank you.

Rick
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Explorer View Screen Capture
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
202 time(s)
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Please refer to my REVISED response in your earlier thread, to see if the HELP file extract shown there does the job.
Rlj42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Borgus1,
First of all, I appreciate the help you have been offering. I did look at your revised response. It still does not help because my Explorer View does NOT have the Add folder icon. If you look at the screen capture I included earlier, you can see that I clicked the toggle, expanded the field, and it does NOT have the folder icon. It only has the Add Tag icon. Can you point me to another solution?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
It has the Tag with the '+' sign that's the tag got adding folders ( I believe) once you add There will be a 'Highlighted' name with '(0)" in the selection. Now you got to the "library area and select the 'tag with the + to navigate to a folder you wish to include.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2014 01:21

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Rlj42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
As far as I can tell, the Add Tag has nothing to do with folders. Borgus1 posted a help topic on Explorer View that talked about folders. My help topic on Explorer View says almost the same thing except replaces folders with tags and they don't do the same thing. Help topic included here:

[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
186 time(s)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Ok back again, do as I suggested in my previous post.
then go back to the library Module and load the files (or folder) into the library that you wish catalogued, the highlight the clips and move to the tag you created and I think PD will make a listing of them in that tag name.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Rlj42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now I got you. I was able to organize it properly now. Basically, I was hung up on the notion of folders rather than organizing by tags. I appreciate the help James1 and Borgus1.
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Yes sometimes the way Cyberlink setup the way to accomplish what I call simple tasks is cumbersome in the way to achieve the end results.
But glad you got it could you add solved to the post so members know that it solved and can answer other problems.
Jim
p.s. You may have to click on the white icon with the multiple squares and export the library to generate the proper script for Pd to read.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2014 01:54

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Rlj42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Problem solved
fortunestar21 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pittsburgh, PA Joined: Mar 08, 2014 14:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm still a little confused reading through this post. Did you guys conclude that there IS NOT a way to organize media by folders but rather, only by filters? I just started using PD 12 and am still getting used to it after switching from Final Cut Pro 7. Thanks!
Rlj42 [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can think of it this way....PD used to call them folders. Now it calls them tags. You can create a tag, put media files into that tag, and they act like folders. Does that help?
fortunestar21 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pittsburgh, PA Joined: Mar 08, 2014 14:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
So tags essentially do the same thing. I see. Okay thanks! I guess I'll try the tags thing out. If they are pretty much the same thing I guess it should be fine~