Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,

I am doing tutorials for my software products using the Screen recorder that comes with Power director 14. Everything works great except for one case. In this particular program, the mouse pointer is changed to a dynamically created bitmap. the size and shape of the mouse pointer is changed based on user input, mode, etc.

It shows up on the screen just fine when recording, but the resulting recorded file always has the default mouse pointer on the video. It doesn't display the custom mouse pointer. I've used the built-in mouse pointers in the past (hand, up, down, left, and right arrows, etc), and it works fine with those. This is just a problem with custom mouse pointers.

How can I get the Screen Recorder to properly record custom mouse pointers?

Thanks!

Kevin
Quote: I'd like to be able to scroll through the editing window with my mouse scroll wheel.

For example, When I'm editing a tall text box with the Scroll Up effect (to create credits). I can't scroll unless I click&drag the scroll bar. Also the ability for the window to auto scroll when using the arrow keys disappeared.

Thank you

I second this one! Most windows programs allow you to just hover the mouse cursor over a scrollable list and use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down...no clicking or dragging required. This is especially irritaing for me when I want to browse through all my title options for something new to try.

Kevin
I think that may work if you're using a webcam with HD resllution, but I was using it for screen capture (Presentations) and it didn't allow full HD (1920x1080) for that. No USB port involved. Unless the settings were limiting the screen capture based on my webcam's resolution, which isn't HD.

Thanks,

Kevin
Barry,

You were right! I hadn't waited long enough for YopuTube to get all the resolutions set up. In the past, my videos were tagged as HD in just a few minutes. This one took almost an hour. I don't know why this one took so long, whether it had something to do with the fact that is was a screen capture only video or if I just uploaded it during a busy time. I suspect the latter.

Thanks! I was pulling my hair out on this one.

In the future, I'll start out by tagging screen capture only videos as private until YouTube gets it completely ready for viewing. My concern is that some of my subscribers jump to view some of my videos as soon as they get the notification (I typically get 20-30 views in the first few minutes) and I don't want them to see it with blurry text.

Thanks again! I love the screen capture feature in PD14. I used to use YouCam for that and it presented a few other problems (like no 1920x1080 resolution).

Kevin
Hoping to get some help here. I am producing a tutorial on a piece of software that I've written. I'm using PD14's Screen Capture plug-in to record the screen and I'm narrating as I show the software.

The video looks beautiful when I view it with Windows Media Player or PowerDVD, but when I upload it to YouTube, it is unreadable. The text is so blurry that it just looks like black and blue smudges.

I've used PD14's Screen Capture to record the screen for a few clips in previous videos, but most of it is shot with an HD camera. The screen looks fine when those videos are uploaded, so it must have to do with the fact that this video is entirely done with Screen Capture (plus a title and a few transitions) and the way that YouTube processes it.

I've tried the recommended YouTube formats, I've tried WMV, MP4, HEVC, etc., I've tried different bit rates, frame rates, etc. but they all come out the same, blurry,once they are uploaded to YouTube. I've tried Full Screen, Lock to Application, and have specified an area to record, I'm running out of things to try. The software I'm recording is maximized and I've tried hidng the task bar so it records in full 1920 x 1080. Nothing works.

When the video has finished processing on YouTube, I notice that unlike my other videos, there is no "HD" moniker after the video name, and when viewing it, the only quality option I have to select from is 360P. My other videos all have the "HD" moniker and I can select qualities from 144 to 1080P even though I produced them using exactly the same video attributes in PD13 and PD14.

Is there someone more knowledgeable with YouTube and how it processes this type of video who could suggest a way to get YouTube to process my "Screen Capture Only" videos properly?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
Quote: Hello KSBeebe,

Welcome to the forum.

The "error message" is a generic one, indicating some possible causes. Obviously, they're not relevant in your case.

Is this a new installation? or have you run AudioDirector previously?

Is there anything else running on your PC that might possibly interfere with ADR starting up?

PIX

Hi Pix,

Thank you for responding. No, this happened the first time I tried to start AudioDirector. I've never been able to run it. Based on your post, I tried rebooting my system and run it with nothing else running. Same message. I get the message when I start it directly, and when I try running it from PowerDirector 12.

However, whatever the problem was....I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it and now it works. Don't know what was done wrong the first time, but the problem seems to be resolved

I am unable to launch AudioDirector 3. On startup, I get a window with the message:

Cannot launch the program. Possible reasons:

1. Your VGA driver needs updating
2. There is not enough VRAM in your VGA card
3. Remote Desktop on Windows XP is not allowed.

I am running Windows 7 Professional. I have a Radeon 57xx video board with 1GB VRAM with the latest drivers.

Why would I be getting this message?

This is the version of AudioDirector that came with PowerDirector 12. I downloaded the most recent AudioDirector update and installed it but still get the same error window.

Cody
Hello,

I have Power Director 12 Ultra and You Cam 6. I want to use You Cam to capture a sequence from my desktop, then use that clip in Power Director.

When I do that, I get a warning message in Power Director when adding the captured clip to the timeline. It tells me that the clip (recorded by You Cam) uses a frame rate of 10fps and my movie is using a framerate of 30. The clip will not play properly in Power Director, it is choppy and the audio does not match the video. When I play the clip in Windows Media Player, it plays perfectly.

The lowest framerate I can use in Power Director is 24fps. It appears that You Cam always records at 10fps. I can't find anywhere in You Cam where I can change the framerate it uses for capturing the desktop. How can I change the framerate that You Cam uses to capture the desktop to match my Power Director framerate?

Thanks,

Kevin
Go to: