Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AudioDirector 3 Launch Error
KSBeebe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2014 03:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am unable to launch AudioDirector 3. On startup, I get a window with the message:

Cannot launch the program. Possible reasons:

1. Your VGA driver needs updating
2. There is not enough VRAM in your VGA card
3. Remote Desktop on Windows XP is not allowed.

I am running Windows 7 Professional. I have a Radeon 57xx video board with 1GB VRAM with the latest drivers.

Why would I be getting this message?

This is the version of AudioDirector that came with PowerDirector 12. I downloaded the most recent AudioDirector update and installed it but still get the same error window.

Cody Kevin
[Post New]
Hello KSBeebe,

Welcome to the forum.

The "error message" is a generic one, indicating some possible causes. Obviously, they're not relevant in your case.

Is this a new installation? or have you run AudioDirector previously?

Is there anything else running on your PC that might possibly interfere with ADR starting up?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
KSBeebe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2014 03:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello KSBeebe,

Welcome to the forum.

The "error message" is a generic one, indicating some possible causes. Obviously, they're not relevant in your case.

Is this a new installation? or have you run AudioDirector previously?

Is there anything else running on your PC that might possibly interfere with ADR starting up?

PIX

Hi Pix,

Thank you for responding. No, this happened the first time I tried to start AudioDirector. I've never been able to run it. Based on your post, I tried rebooting my system and run it with nothing else running. Same message. I get the message when I start it directly, and when I try running it from PowerDirector 12.

However, whatever the problem was....I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it and now it works. Don't know what was done wrong the first time, but the problem seems to be resolved

Kevin
[Post New]
Hello Kevin,

That's great news!

Uninstalling & re-installing would usually be the first thing I'd try, but there's a school of thought that doesn't approve of that as a "cure all".

In any case, you've overcome your previous faulty installation and you're good to go

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Ant Dude
Newbie Location: An Ant Farm Joined: Sep 26, 2007 03:38 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Kevin,

That's great news!

Uninstalling & re-installing would usually be the first thing I'd try, but there's a school of thought that doesn't approve of that as a "cure all".

In any case, you've overcome your previous faulty installation and you're good to go

PIX
I am having the same error, with v6, in my very old updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 machine with its 128 MB of VRAM & 1 GB of RAM. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix it for me though!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2016 05:10