Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I will try this. Hadn't considered this route. Thank you for your reply!
Hello all. I am deeply troubled as I have been experiencing buggy Director Suite Live software- specifically in PDR. I have three weddings on backlog waiting to be rendered for my clients. The issues are as follows:

1)- Stabilizer- Using this causes footage to jump around worse than pre-stabilized. Whether using 1 or 50, it happens each time. If I use the enhanced stabilizer, the problem becomes much worse and the whole image warps as if it is wrapping around a sphere in the corners of the image.

2) Transitions randomly stop working after rendering. Different transitions each time. I may render one and the "Glow" transitions stop working (or jump back and forth in a stammering fashion). Perhaps in another, the "Fade" transitions stop working.

3) On occasion, there may appear to be a black frame in between two clips. Usually this is due to one clip not backing fully on to the next. However this isnt the case here either. The clips are definitely touching and still the problem persists.

I am about to have some very angry clients and this is beyond embarrasing. Please help me decde what to do.

Am I better off:

1) Ditching this nightmare all together and going with another software (I am really leaning in this direction now). I know this will require me to re-edit 3 wedding films however the long term payoff for me seems higher. I am already a member of Adobe Creative Cloud and I like the service...

2) Is there some sort of fix? My research using the search button seems to show that there is no fix. Could I re-install PDR 13 until I can get the videos rendered properly and if so, will this even work since the files were created on PDR14 first?

Please help. My reputation is on the line and this is out of hand. I have been dealing with issues ever since PDR 14 got released and I cant run a business like this. I need reliable professional software.

Thank you all in advance!
That's VERY clever! I could film and produce it in 4k, then import and use in a full HD video without losing much resolution!

thank you for taking the time to write that up! I appreciate your feedback!
Hello, I have been racking my brain for days trying to develop a split screen effect such as the one in the first few seconds of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDiJ17Xgaw8

Could anyone enlighten me as to how to do in in PDR14? They are using AAE in the tutorial and enlarge the overall working area of the video tracks. Then the software pans around the enlarged area maintaining 1920x1080 to reveal what is underneath.

I dont think PDR14 has these capabilities... is there another way?
Once you install the patch, do you need to hold on to the downloaded file?
Quote: For PD integration, you have checked this out?
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/features_en_US.html?&r=1

I have this program however its not ideal when it comes to building up music. Im looking for a way to custom build background music for my videos. This is software designed to edit preexisting audio.
I am looking for a way to build background music beyond the basic smart sound backgrounds. The problem is that there really isnt a program that works natively with PDR12. I was looking at Sonicfire Pro (By Smartsound) and Magix Music Maker (a 2014 winner of best music creation software). Magic Music Maker allows more flexibility for creating music, but more options. Sonicfire Pro is more geared towards the video editor and is still customizible to a degree. As far as I know, neither work natively with PDR12.

Does anyone out there use a sound/ music creator? ANy thoughts/ ideas to help guide me? Id appreciate any help I can get. Here are the links to the info about each of the two products:

http://audio-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/magix-music-maker-review.html

http://www.smartsound.com/sonicfire

Thanks!
Well there you go. I should have installed it to another drive. Thanks so much or everyones time.
Is 40gb of free space on my SSD enough to adequately run PDR11?

The other thing is that before 8.1 it was speedy as can be. Post 8.1 something changed. Perhaps this plays a bigger role than i suspect.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. It seems I made a grave error but at the time they didnt have a 256gb SDD.

regretting....
After hitting google, I see windows 8.1 is about 40gb.... so I wonder why I only have 40gb of space remaining on my SSD. I ran space monger to see where my memory is being used and it all appears to be system files. I have NO music/ pics/ vids etc on it at all.

....hmmm
This is my setup, and i have a lot less room on my SSD than I thought. Its only 119gb, I thought it was 256gb. All I have on it is windows OS and a few small programs. Currently I edit on the SSD too. I archive to my 2tb HDDs. I have 42gb free on my SSD. Could this be the culprit?

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 36 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock Z87 Extreme6 (CPUSocket) 33 °C
Graphics
NS-32E320A13 (1360x768@60Hz)
2060W (1600x900@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Gigabyte) 36 °C
Storage
119GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SSD) 33 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA) 32 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA) 32 °C
465GB ADATA HE720 USB Device (USB (SATA)) 30 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
After perusing the forums it is clear that since windows 8.1 many people including myself are having slow processing/ rendering issues with their software. My computer has an i7 processor, 32gb ram, graphics card and 4tb HDD etc etc. Despite having an updated system, my processing is mighty slow. For instance, when dragging a transition between clips to make the transition effect longer, I will experience lag in selecting/dragging one side of the transition, then the same for the other side of the transition. I have moved my PDR on my 2tb HDD and left my operating system on my 250gb SSD. I was concerned I didnt have enough free memory on my SSD, thats why I moved it.

My question: Could moving my files to the regular hard drive instead of my SSD have slowed me down? Also, should I buy a new SSD and use it only for using PDR?

Pre 8.1, this all worked very quickly. Afterwards, im losing faith that I can get back to quick editing. Its getting old enough to change software, but I like pdr.

Its getting old taking 3x as long to edit. Help please!
Go to: