Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stabilizer causes horrific and unusable video during rendering- Professional Reputation on the line-
Trenman2014 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2014 08:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all. I am deeply troubled as I have been experiencing buggy Director Suite Live software- specifically in PDR. I have three weddings on backlog waiting to be rendered for my clients. The issues are as follows:

1)- Stabilizer- Using this causes footage to jump around worse than pre-stabilized. Whether using 1 or 50, it happens each time. If I use the enhanced stabilizer, the problem becomes much worse and the whole image warps as if it is wrapping around a sphere in the corners of the image.

2) Transitions randomly stop working after rendering. Different transitions each time. I may render one and the "Glow" transitions stop working (or jump back and forth in a stammering fashion). Perhaps in another, the "Fade" transitions stop working.

3) On occasion, there may appear to be a black frame in between two clips. Usually this is due to one clip not backing fully on to the next. However this isnt the case here either. The clips are definitely touching and still the problem persists.

I am about to have some very angry clients and this is beyond embarrasing. Please help me decde what to do.

Am I better off:

1) Ditching this nightmare all together and going with another software (I am really leaning in this direction now). I know this will require me to re-edit 3 wedding films however the long term payoff for me seems higher. I am already a member of Adobe Creative Cloud and I like the service...

2) Is there some sort of fix? My research using the search button seems to show that there is no fix. Could I re-install PDR 13 until I can get the videos rendered properly and if so, will this even work since the files were created on PDR14 first?

Please help. My reputation is on the line and this is out of hand. I have been dealing with issues ever since PDR 14 got released and I cant run a business like this. I need reliable professional software.

Thank you all in advance!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2015 11:38

[Post New]
You may want to try NewBlueFX Stabilizer Plug in Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel i7-4930K, EVGA GTX 980ti, G.Skill memory 16GB, Corsair HX1000 PSU, OCZ Vertex4 SSD, OCZ Vector180 480GB, (2)Western Digital Black 1TB(RAID0), Western Digital 2TB, LG Blue Ray Burner, Lite-on DVD Burner, Logitech G19 keyboard, Window
Trenman2014 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2014 08:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I will try this. Hadn't considered this route. Thank you for your reply!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
To my knowledge, New Blue does not integrate with PowerDirector yet.
Prodad Mercalli does not integrate either but can be used as a standalone.
Often "less is more" is a good approach using stabilizers.
Sometimes video is just too jumpy to salvage, though. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
When I purchased Director suite 4 it came with a trial of NewBlueFX title and it certainly worked with PD14, but I didn't purchase it.
I totally agree that you don't want to use much stabilizer. It'll just look weird.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2015 19:47

Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel i7-4930K, EVGA GTX 980ti, G.Skill memory 16GB, Corsair HX1000 PSU, OCZ Vertex4 SSD, OCZ Vector180 480GB, (2)Western Digital Black 1TB(RAID0), Western Digital 2TB, LG Blue Ray Burner, Lite-on DVD Burner, Logitech G19 keyboard, Window
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Titler and Stabilizer? I see I missed adding the word STABILIZER to my post, but that's what I was referring to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2015 21:20

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I use the stabilizer function in PD frequently. The "enhanced" functions the best but it does slow the process down by about 75%. The standard functions are frequently distorting. Win 10, i7
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Trenman2014, there have been other reports of problems when trying to do too many "adjustment" edits prior to producing.

One suggestion is to first stabilize the clips that need it and then produce them (either as individual clips or using the Produce Range feature to produce just the stabilized sections) and then replace the original clips with the produced versions.

You will know right away if the finished, "permanently stable" versions are suitable and your CPU will have a much lower workload when you're previewing the rest of your project.

If you're not happy with the produced results, maybe you could upload a clip to YouTube and show it before/after stabilizing. You could also attach the clip (or upload it to a cloud folder and post the link) so that other editors can try stabilizing it on their machines.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°