Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with developing a split screen effect
Trenman2014 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2014 08:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I have been racking my brain for days trying to develop a split screen effect such as the one in the first few seconds of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDiJ17Xgaw8

Could anyone enlighten me as to how to do in in PDR14? They are using AAE in the tutorial and enlarge the overall working area of the video tracks. Then the software pans around the enlarged area maintaining 1920x1080 to reveal what is underneath.

I dont think PDR14 has these capabilities... is there another way?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Trenman2014 -

If you kept trying to work out how to replicate the AE steps in PDR, you'd be racking your brains for a very long time.

You could achieve something similar but there'd be a fair bit of keyframing involved... and trying to recisely coordinate the motion of 4 separate video could be challenging. I haven't tried it yet.

A simple approach would be to make the montage video as a 2x2 wall - produce it - then apply motion to that video. No - it's not like the example shown in the AE tutorial, because the videos are moving as a single unit - not independently.

Here's the kind of thing I mean - https://youtu.be/KqCl_qrhEG4

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Trenman2014 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2014 08:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
That's VERY clever! I could film and produce it in 4k, then import and use in a full HD video without losing much resolution!

thank you for taking the time to write that up! I appreciate your feedback!