Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install all patches????
Betty15765 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 25, 2014 17:48 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I had to reinstall PD 12 program as with the latest update, it was screwing up when I tried to either produce/or create disc. Now wondering what updates are necessary.

1. Should I install all updates that are listed starting with 2109....or just the latest?

My program is version 12.0.2027.3.

I had downloaded and installed the update 2420 and all was working OK. Then realized there was another update 2726. Installed that one and the trouble began.

2. Another question, when installing a new update, will it uninstall and reinstall the program?

Hope if you help me, you will answer both questions.

I happen to be on a deadline with this video and am just hanging.

Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You only need to install the latest patch.

Patches are cumulative. The last one contains all previous fixes.

Patches do not uninstall the program. They do make changes to the program.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2014 13:08

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Trenman2014 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2014 08:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Once you install the patch, do you need to hold on to the downloaded file?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Once you install the patch, do you need to hold on to the downloaded file?

Why did you ask? Are you that low on HDD/SDD space? IF you can reach the site in the future when you want to, there is no need to keep it. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.