Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When playing a video on my subscribed youtube accounts the picture gets stuck on one frame where as the sound continues uninterrupted. This happens when I am half way through the video. I have fast internet speed & it does not appear to be a buffering problem. It has happened on more than one channel. Any ideas?? Thought it may have something to do with my video card drivers but I have the latest version. Never had this problem when playing the video through my browser & logged on to the youtube web site.
Quote Glad you got it figured out. It would have been nice if PhD8 brought up some kind of dialog simply stating that it couldn't find the requested drive/folder.

FWIW, PhD10 changes the default folder automatically back to the "Sample Images" C: folder if I set the project folder to a USB drive, then close PhD and remove the drive before starting PhD again.

I agree. It would have saved me some time. All in all though it was a learning experience that I will no doubt call on again at some point in the future. Something you said about about the import option lighting up in blue when I moused over it, which it did made me realize that it was some setting that neede tweaking. Thanks for that.
Sorry guys. I was able to solve the problem. I was using a portable hard drive as my default pictures folder. I removed the drive a couple weeks ago but forgot to move the default drive back to a pictures folder on one of my internal hard drives. In further troubleshooting the issue I found the mistake and corrected it. Photo director was evidently pointing to a drive/folder that did not exist. Had nothing to do with the windows 10 up date. All is working now. Thanks for your help.

Are you sure? What happens if you rollback W10?

I also have Power director 15 as well as Power DVD 17. Both work fine along with everything else on my PC. I have also installed the Microsoft Patch that came out last Tuesday. Rolling back to previous windows 10 is not an option at this time.
I received this update in early October but have not suffered the problems that caused Microsoft to withdraw it. However, I had problems opening Photodirector 8 and decided to reinstall it. The program opens ok but I cannot import any files to it. In other words, when I select import in the lower left corner of the program, nothing happens. File explorer does not open for me to select a file or a folder. The same is true for the video-to-photo option. Can anyone help me to find a solution?
Haven't had this problem. But try deleting %temp% file and run the patch again. Just a thought.
Was wondering the same thing as previous post. No updates available for PD 12???
I watch with dismay the number of people who are unable to download updates for PowerDirector 12. My only suggestion is that prior to downloading the patch you clear the Windows Temp file using this procedure: After bringing up "RUN" option in Windows type in "%temp%" and press enter. Select all files and folders and select delete. Then try to run the PowerDirector Patch Installer. It works every time for me.
I get this problem from time to time. It appears however from the lack of activity on this thread that fixing the issue has died a natural death. I have a fairly powerful machine, see my profile for details. When I mouse over the buttons they come back. I have all the up dates but have not yet installed the recent beta version. Everything else seems to be running ok. I do think that this issue is as a result of a design flaw and should be addressed. Just glad to know that others are experiencing the same thing.
Installed PD12 update 2420. Rendering completed fine and useable file created in Publishing folder however program froze when starting upload to You Tube and had to be shut down. Was able to upload the same file to You Tube manually which worked fine.

See my hardware under profile.
Works for me too.
Another thing. I did not roll back the Nvidia driver and am using 331.82
Installed latest beta patch. So far so good. No freeze ups. Had no idea the pre rendering I was experiencing on the time line was not supposed to happen. It took forever and was annoying. Well no longer have pre rendering and production rendering seems to a lot faster. I like the fact that the program now gives you a pop up window that says something to the effect "improper argument". When I close it I make sure I dont repeat the same thing again. Before it would freeze and windows 8.1 would close the program. Was getting ready to ditch the software. Seems I might stick with it now. BTW disabled "shadow file creation". Now works faster. Thanks
How will we be notified and is there an eta. So far I am very disappointed in the reliability of this software!
Go to: