Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

When I'm in PD365 and I go to stock media and download clips from Getty or Shutterstock, they show up in a folder called Downloaded. How do I move those into the actual Media Content folder?
I want to Tag them based on what the clips are about ... but I can only see the Tag option when I'm in the Media Content folder .... there is no way to show Tag folders when I'm in the Downloaded folder.

Any ideas?

thanks
Tdub
Hello,
Sorry if silly questions, but I've been researching online and just not clear to me, so hoping to get clarification/guidance here:

1. When I go to this link it shows all of the included content packs supported for 365 Mac. https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/powerdirector/recommended_en_US.html
    However, only about 17 Effects packs are showing available to download in my Application Manager. Where could I see/access the others?
  2. My second question is, are those Effects packs showing on the Cyberlink Application Manager free for me to download and use as part of my subscription? When I click on Learn More for any of them, most show they are $49.99. However, I also read somewhere that with an annual subscription of 365 (which I have), you have access to all of the premium packs etc. for free (included).

Can someone give me a bit of guidance on these?

I'm really looking for some of the "Old Movie" type effects (like the BorisFX stuff), but I'm not sure what's available/included with my subscription.

Appreciate any detailed help,

thanks very much,

TDub
Is there any chance that Multi Cam Designer will be coming soon as well? I used that one on my Windows version I had a few years ago.
Thanks again
Thank you for your response, and the good news about Motion Tracking being available for Mac users before end of 2021. That is a really important one. Do you have any insights into what other features missing from the Mac versions will be available soon? It's amazing how many additional features there are for Windows users, I'm really surprised there is so much disparity in features/capabilities between the two platforms at this point.
Thanks again, I will patiently await the motion tracking update in the coming couple of months.
Thanks. Ok, so I just looked deeper into the version differences, and it appears it is because I'm using it on a Mac, and Motion Tracker (and about 100 other features!!!!) are only available on the Windows version! That is a huge let down.
See here for the MANY things you can't do on a Mac: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26040&isDraft=1

Probably going to cancel subscription, as this is not going to do the motion tracking/blur moving object, that I need it to

If anyone has any alternate solutions, would love to hear them.

thanks
TW
Hello,
I just purchased the annual subscription for PowerDirector 365. One of the main reasons was after watching a tutorial on how to use Motion Tracker (under Tools) to blur a moving object (ie. face, etc). But when I try it, I don't see Motion Tracker as an option under the Tools dropdown. Anyone have any ideas on where I find it?
Thanks very much!
TW
Really great info and explanations, thank you Rob.
Well, I'm the only one to use the computer, so as long as that is the only concern, I'm good.
Like I said, for some reason, it is working fine on Admin access .... so I will just stick with that, and forget trying to figure out why it won't work on my other profile (though it will continue to bother me that I wasn't able to figure it out! lol ... that's the OCD coming out in me).

Thanks again for your help here. Much appreciated.

Hey Rob, thanks great info, thanks!
Couple clarifying questions:

1- So should I be doing something to change the graphics card? I do see both of them there in device manager, just as you show in your screenshot (along with something called Mirage Driver). Do I need to prioritize or disable one of them, or just leave as is? I read that they are both suppose to run, just the onboard one handles most things till it needs more power, then the other would kick in .. ?

2- You said you run everything under Admin profile ... I'm fine doing that actually, if it works. My concern was when I set up that admin profile per someones instructions in a forum, they also said to be careful and to go back and disable it after (in command prompt i went: net user administrator:active/yes then active/no to disable it). Is there any issues with running on admin? Its only me that uses the computer.

3- What did you mean by: Some people prefer using another profile for security reasons, but I have never had an issue because I make sure my anti-virus, firewalls and system is locked down.)? What do you mean by having those LOCKED DOWN?

thanks again so much for the responses and help here guys!

Hmmm, that's interesting. So Phil are you saying that it looks like it is using a different graphics card (the Intel 4000) rather than the GT 630M? (wonder why it even has two graphics cards). If that is the case, how can I change that? And how can I check to see if the administrator profile (where its working fine) is using the GT 630M?
I will also update that driver as you mentioned.

I'm just so confused that it works on one profile (Administrator) and not the other one. They both have most recent Quicktime. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both PD and QT several times : (

ps: Better dig that John Deere out soon, its coming I'm in NB!
Hey everyone,

So I'm pretty frustrated, and would love to get some help. I've searched the forums, but have yet to find a response that solved my issue (s).
So, I've installed PD12 on my laptop (details below). My initial problem was when I opened it, I kept getting the cyberlink clqkernel.client 32 error for quicktime. I've searched the forums and did some troubleshooting. I made sure I had most recent quicktime version: I did. I uninstalled everything (PD and Quicktime) and reinstalled, using the quicktime exe from the software disc I bought, as suggested. No go. Still getting that issue.
Now, my second issue (which I'm assuming they are tied together), is that sometimes it won't even load for me when I try to open PD12. It does a quick hourglass, then nothing happens (I do see it sitting there in processes in my task manager, as if its open). But nothing.
So what I did was sign out as that user, created an administrator profile, and signed in with that. It opens! In fact, it didn't even get the clqkernel error. Works great, did a small project, moves pretty quick. But under my other profile, for some reason I always get that clq kernel error (stopped working etc ...). I think this is pretty key to the issue (that it works on one profile not on the other ... but can't figure out the difference)
So I go back to my normal laptop profile. Same issues: won't load most of the time, when/if it finally does, get the kernel error.

My laptop is a Samsung about a year old. i5 with windows 8 etc .. See attached. I read that I was to run the DXDIAG and I did, so below is what I got when I saved all. I also tried to find the button it suggests if I have 64 bit, but couldn't find it anywhere. Hope this is enough.
Ok, sorry so long!!! But any help would be GREATLY appreciated! (Oh by the way: also installed this on my Desktop computer. Its a build for music recording: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz, Asus P5Q motherboard Intel P45, 4Gb RAM, etc ...) and it works!! There are certain functions that run really slow, and has frozen once or twice, but generally works) Not sure if that helps. Just trying to give as much detail as I can : )
Please help
Ah, ok. So I don't change it in Edit mode? Just when its being finalized?
Hey everyone,
So I'm new here Just purchased PD12.
When I import a video clip taken from my camera, it says the frame rate doesn't match. It is at 10.5 fps.
How can I change this to 29.97 fps? I saw a tutorial online that showed how to do it with Adobe, and he suggested most editing software would allow you to do it.
Anyone?

thanks in advance and looking forward to mastering PD12

tdub
Go to: