Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is your DVD player on your tv set to play widescreen?
Don't know if it will help anyone else, but I figured out my own problem... I just installed the 320gb hard drive a few days ago, went from IDE to SATA... so , since I had been using IDE hard drives, I had never installed SATA drivers for my motherboard! Installed SATA drivers today, now PD5 works better than ever! I've seen Dafydd mention numerous times that, likely as not, it's your computer, NOT the software, & he's usually right! Keep everything updated, people. It's not that difficult, & can save you many headaches!
I've been having the same problem as Patricia, though I only use PD5... ie, hanging, stuttering, jerky playback... makes it difficult to edit. I'm using a desktop with a P4 2.26ghz processor, 2gb of RAM, a Radeon 9600 28mb graphics card, & a 360gb hdd. Should be plenty enough power, but video sticks & hangs like on a windows 95 box! No problems importing files from my JVC GZ-MG37U camcorder, though. It just takes a while to import 20 odd gb of video! I stop all unnecessary programs & processes, dot the i's, cross the t's, & still choppy & draggy video when editing. Maybe it's time to reformat & start from scratch. I'm certainly open to suggestions!
Have you checked the setting in the preferences menu? (Edit>Preferences>Editing tab)
John, you may also want to download the PDR user's guide.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/guides_4_ENU.html
It's a PDF, so you can print it out into a book if you want (& can afford the ink, lol). It's a little easier to read than the help file, & is nicely organized. Good Luck!
Which version of PowerDirector do you have?
Chris, if the users guide doesn't help you, here's the URL for faq's.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/support/product_faq_home.jsp
Good Luck!
Here is the URL for the users guide. Good Luck.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/guides_4_ENU.html
Have you tried going to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector & clicking on PDR.exe? If that works, the problem is some dead shortcuts. Good Luck
Put the cursor at the beginning of the section of the timeline you want to review, and make sure you have 'Movie' mode selected (at lower left of the playback window, or use F3). Once you hit the 'Play' button, it will play from the start point you have selected to the end of ALL the clips in the timeline. It really is a simple program once you get the hang of it. Good Luck!
How do I delete custom titles I've created? Do I just delete the folders and / or files PD5 created in my documents folder, or is there more to it than that?
After several attempts to solve my problem, CyberLink came up with a fantastic solution. It finally works. Major kudos to CyberLink! And, for those of you who have sent a problem to Support, be patient. They took care of me the right way!
I just purchased and downloaded DVD Suite 5 Pro. Everything works great EXCEPT for PowerDirector 5.0 SE-Plus. When I open it, the splash screen comes up, then, after a few seconds, it opens an activation window & asks for a CD Key. Of course, I entered my key when I installed the program. Unfortunately, Cyberlink support hasn't been a ton of help with this problem... complete uninstall, redownload, reinstall. Problem is, I've done all these things. The program just keeps asking for something I've already entered. CAN ANYONE HELP?!
Figured it out. Have to go all ythe way through the process (edit, produce, etc...) for it to work right. Thanks for the reply, Dafydd.
When I import my video from PowerDirector Express NE into PowerProducer v4, everything looks & sounds great, EXCEPT the titles, which don't show up at all. HELP!!!
Go to: