Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Track selection tool is icky
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
OK I'm a newbie but the selection of video, text and so on seems dreadfully icky and NOT intuitive.

If I have a video track with a number of splits because I have been deleting the unwanted frames, plus titles audio and maybe some transitions then....

What is the correct way to select all tracks for playing in the development
pane ?
I often do a test play and its missing the sound track or text or I get right up to the final video frame and instead of playing the credits, it jumps back to frame 0000.

Then I notice that by guessing the clicks on the Lock icons I get a bright green border around everything which now means that when I play the scene I get all my work to play together.

However the inclusion and method of getting to this point is not obvious.
When exporting the project it all seems OK, but the test, edit, retest phase is driving me crazy.

So, what are the correct steps to selecting all video,audio,text trackas together and why is it seemingly so difficult?
If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan U.S.A. Joined: Apr 08, 2007 01:48 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Put the cursor at the beginning of the section of the timeline you want to review, and make sure you have 'Movie' mode selected (at lower left of the playback window, or use F3). Once you hit the 'Play' button, it will play from the start point you have selected to the end of ALL the clips in the timeline. It really is a simple program once you get the hang of it. Good Luck!
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks,

I tried the F3 as you suggest but no noticeable effect. What I notice is this.

MyProject has a text opening title and a text credits and the video clip (the sample Aquarium.mpg which I have modified with fades.)

When e.g. I have changed the text Title and saved it then only the Text is selected with the green outline. To select all it seems I just click in any empty area, not a clip or effect but just any empty position on any track. That highlights all tracks and works fine.

Hindsight is wonderful, but It only just occurred to me. I was clicking on the Lock/Hide icons area thinking that was what was need to select All

Partly 'cos I'm switching between three development programs (MM2 and Deskshare) to see which features work and so I am making my learning curve steeper.

So far Cyberlink has it on a number of features.

Cyberlink ChromaKey and PIP seems better than the others especially the PIP border control and transparency. For the extra $20 I think that about clinches it.

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ron.

To do what you want to do in PDR 6...which is "select all" to play the entire movie and all it's clips...you either click on on the Movie button underneath the preview playback window or press the Page Down button on your keyboard (and then click the play button).

The clip mode is selected by default on the clip you are working. Movie - Page Down is the entire movie.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Just click the "movie" option under the video display and play.

Daveed you missed off a little bit of needed information:

Using the Page up and page down actions are fine - except they give differing results if the user is in Clip and not in Movie.

Select Playback from the File Index dropdown
Look for Playback Mode and then select either
Clip Mode (default) Page Up
or Movie Mode Page Down.

Like I mentioned at the beginning....it's just easier to click on Movie and then play the blasted thing!

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 22. 2007 09:23