Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
the patch also worked for me and I am now able to produce movies once again. thanks all.
hi dafydd, no customer support has contacted me since 9/8 and they have not yet replied to followup message. No patch has been offered to me yet. I too am frustrated as there seems to be no way to contact support back once you reply and are awaiting them to reply back.

Update I uninstalled PD 11 and 12 (Ultimate Suite) ran CCLeaner registry fix, rebooted, re-installed PD 12 Suite and same exact thing. PDR122.exe stopped working when clicking the produce movie button.
I originally posted this in another topic but apparently that issue (PD12 wont launch or open) has been resolved now with an early patch that I have not received yet from support, so I am creating a new topic in hopes I can get this issue fixed.

I upgraded from PD 10 to PD 12. I am able to work, edit, and save a project with PD 12 up up until I try to produce a video (click the produce button on main menu). At that time, PD 12 shuts down and displays the PDR12.EXE has stopped working error. Here is my part A and B.

Part A: version 12.0.2027.3
Part B: see attached dxdiag file

I also updated my video drivers, ran CCLeaner, checked for the latest version of Quicktime, even installed updated video codec pack and still crashes (error message PDR12.exe has stopped working, send report) when trying to produce any movie (tried using AVI, WMV,MP4 source files) . The Weird thing is there is NO error event in the Windows event viewer when PD12 crashes.

Also now having same problem with my older PD10 install that was working fine up until I upgraded to PD12. I am thinking of uninstalling both, rerunning CCLeaner registry fix and then trying to re-install PD12 only

Update from support (9/8/13)...they wanted windows event log and process dump from task manager, but no event log created and process kills itself when PD12 crashes. Sent them DXDIAG.TXT. Waiting to hear back from them.

I have a Win7 -64bit PC. 8 GB RAM, intel i5 CPU @ 2.90 GHz.

I have also submitted a support ticket, waiting for their response and update. Thank you
I too updated my video drivers, ran CCLeaner, checked for the latest version of Quicktime, even installed updated video codec pack and still crashes (error message PDR12.exe has stopped working, send report) when trying to produce any movie (tried using AVI, WMV,MP4 source files) . The Weird thing is there is NO error event in the Windows event viewer when PD12 crashes.

Also now having same problem with my older PD10 install that was working fine up until I upgraded to PD12. I am thinking of uninstalling both, rerunning CCLeaner registry fix and then trying to re-install PD12 only

Update from support...they wanted windows event log and process dump from task manager, but no event log created and process kills itself when PD12 crashes. Sent them DXDIAG.TXT. Waiting to hear back from them.
I just upgraded from PD10 to PD12 suite...it installs in different directories (PowerDirector12) and apparently leaves your older versions intact. I just tried and can launch the older PD 10.exe. I guess you could manually uninstall them if you want.
I have a similar problem. I upgraded from PD 10 to PD 12. I am able to work, edit, and save a project with PD 12 up up until I try to produce a video. At that time, PD 12 shuts down and displays the PDR12.EXE has stopped working error. Here is my part A and B.

Part A: version 12.0.2027.3
Part B: see attached dxdiag file

I have a Win7 -64bit PC. 8 GB RAM, intel i5 CPU @ 2.90 GHz.

I have also submitted a support ticket, waiting for their response. Thank you

Don't worry it's just a graphic and does not really respond to audio levels? Aww man, that is one of the reasons I upgraded to PD12...I thought this was new and similar to Adobe After Affects "Audio Spectrum Bars\Levels" Effect. How sad
Just upgraded to PD 12 ultimate from PD10, just wondering if anyone has gotten the audio level meter in the pip section to actually show the levels from the music track? I dropped this pip effect right on top of my music track, but It seems to just randomly move and not follow the actual song from the sound file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Go to: