Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR12.EXE Has Stopped Working Error [RESOLVED]
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the service and process running. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
Erwin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 02:18 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Same crash with me. RichVideo is running
[Post New]
I guess it's about HW acceleration...
how about update to latest VGA driver first? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The forst thing I would check is driver updates from the manufacturers website, and if new one available (not BETA drivers) I would create a restore point then install the new drivers, also check if Quicktime upt to date. When that is done do a cold boot (turn off computer...wait a few minutes then reboot). Then try you editing and see what happens.
Jim
p.s.I but a few blu ray rewritable disks for testing saves on coaster productions, also rewritable dVD disks for testing. Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
My drivers and apps are always up to date so that's not the problem.
TimboGee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2013 02:32 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have a brand new HP laptop, I7, 64bit, Windows 8. Just installed Power Director 12. Installed fine. Crashes every time. I uninstalled twice, tried the CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_12.0, reinstalled, same problem.

I suspect they did not test the build that is currently being peddled.
I sent a message to customer support.

Meanwhile, I have a bunch of video to post. Fortunately, I have my old laptop with PowerDirector 10, Windows 7 that works.

Aloha.
Tim
[Post New]
I just downloaded and ran the generic CCleaner. Is there one specific for PRD12? If so, can you supply the link please?
[Post New]
BTW everyone, the latest update on my ticket for this issue is that they 'bumped it up to their R&D department'. Not sure if that is good or bad news.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: BTW everyone, the latest update on my ticket for this issue is that they 'bumped it up to their R&D department'. Not sure if that is good or bad news.

Hi HighRise955,
While I do have PDR12 running, I installed the full version via DirectorSuite 2 and have had a number of install (my guess*) BUGs show up. As there is no isolated version of PDR12 in DS2 (one activation key) the user is limited to what can be done and re-install is a problem.
I would recommend you shout louder at support and give then ...say 7 days to respond before taking further action. It isn't good enough leaving any user in limbo.

*I haven't received a reply either.
Dafydd
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply Dafydd. I was hoping it was a simple fix on Cyberlink's part but the fact that they had to send my issue up to their R&D dept does not bode well. However, I am sure their front line support is limited in what they can do.

I still have PDR11 installed so I am not dead in the water. Hope they fix it soon though because some of the new features seem interesting.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the reply Dafydd. I was hoping it was a simple fix on Cyberlink's part but the fact that they had to send my issue up to their R&D dept does not bode well. However, I am sure their front line support is limited in what they can do.

I still have PDR11 installed so I am not dead in the water. Hope they fix it soon though because some of the new features seem interesting.

Hi HighRise955,
PDR12/DS2 etc was launched in Europe on Friday morning. By about 9am Friday morning in Europe all of the R&D staff in Taiwan were on their way home for the weekend. Any issue reported over the weekend is still being sifted through when I wrote my first reply (Monday 5/6pm Taiwan). The India based online support (using the FAQ they've been given) or the European end would have to wait for the backlog to be looked at. The 7 day wait is a conservative timescale and onethat is still too long. If any user is having the same difficulties, they to should complain loudly. This is only because "the more the merrier" means a higher placement of corrective action. Silence and waiting shouldn't be an option in this case.
Dafydd

PS I have contacted CyberLink regarding your problem.... not sure if I'll get a speedy reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 05:13

moisesmcardona [Avatar]
[Post New]
My ticket isn't replied

When I installed the Director Suite 2 I installed the bundle then I just selected to install PowerDirector 12 but still gives me launch issues. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
[Post New]
Dafydd......how do we go about yelling loudly?
[Post New]
It does not happen on my platform... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd......how do we go about yelling loudly?

Hi HighRise955,

Or to perhaps put it another way.
When someone brings an issue to "you". How "motivated" are you to help, when being yelled at loudly?

______________________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi both,
I have sent PM's to you both.

Dafydd
[Post New]
And I've replied. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
[Post New]
replied too!

Looking forward to see what happens.

Thanks for all your help. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
RFord562 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2013 23:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I too updated my video drivers, ran CCLeaner, checked for the latest version of Quicktime, even installed updated video codec pack and still crashes (error message PDR12.exe has stopped working, send report) when trying to produce any movie (tried using AVI, WMV,MP4 source files) . The Weird thing is there is NO error event in the Windows event viewer when PD12 crashes.

Also now having same problem with my older PD10 install that was working fine up until I upgraded to PD12. I am thinking of uninstalling both, rerunning CCLeaner registry fix and then trying to re-install PD12 only

Update from support...they wanted windows event log and process dump from task manager, but no event log created and process kills itself when PD12 crashes. Sent them DXDIAG.TXT. Waiting to hear back from them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 10:20

Dell XPS8300 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit -SP1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz, * Gb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6450
dan_public123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2013 00:45 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
FYI... I have the same PD12 error after clicking any of the three buttons on the "Welcome to PowerDirector 12" window. Note that it worked fine the first several times I tried it, then suddenly the error popped up. It is consistently reproducible.

I'll start a separate thread and create a dxdiag file.

[Edit] I just tried it again and now it produces the same error before the "Welcome to PowerDirector 12" window pops up.

[Edit 2] PD11 still works fine.

Regards,

Dan.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 11:34

Director Suite with PD11
PC: Win7/64, 32Gb memory, SSD sys disk, Raid 5 data disk, Raid 0 production disk.
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
[Post New]
Exactly that is my issue. When I press either one of the 3 buttons the crash occurs.

Cyberlink replied my ticket and they want the dump information and software-related info... I'll send it and see what they say Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro