Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks guys for your post, Mr. Barry in particular.
However what was missed as you all read my many posts are points that I'm far above average on computer operations, and especially for the three new computers (two desk tops with high power graphics and a laptop with Windows 7 64 Bit) and yet my time is wasted.
My son longer wants to make videos, now he has gone onto wasting his time and he doesn't believe in me working this silly software.

Yes, yes, yes, I've read how you folks have used this for years. I've provided all the computer information you've asked for. You have done you best.

As for how much one's time is commiserate towards hours of troubleshooting, actually weeks on end, I'm sure no body's PayPal can accommodate my time lost and the faith of my son in losing interest in his defunct dream.

Cnet will hear about this, but I won't mention you names. It's not upon you because you volunteered. However I too volunteered though unwillingly; for I am the first person with three top quality computers whom cannot be helped to operate this silly cheap-ass software.

I am saving my money for Adobe's product. It's a professional product offering life support. I know for a fact that I bought Powerdirector with knowledge of where my three computers stand within hardware specifications. I have more confidence in Adobe as a company.

Nothing against you guys, and you've experience my frustration and the embarrassment I had with failures upon my Son computer. It's too much of my time spent on three new computers and over 3 months for more direct work without success. I'd have to be stupid to continue.

Yes this experience will be posted everywhere without your names mentioned. A well experienced computer operator in myself with engineering backgrounds did not succeed purchasing an off the shelf software. I was ripped off with my time, oh and my money.

Adobe, here I come, and CNet should also expect me because they over rated powerdirector. What a joke.

Anyways, later dudes.
Posted to my Facebook page because I'm so proud of my Son for being smarter than me:

I'm very proud of my Son, aged 10 years, for he succeeded upon his goal to produce a video for YouTube. (My son went on the Internet and downloaded FREE MOVIE MAKING SOFTWARE to his success.) In his movie is Obama the evil monster chasing him around, and yes HiroColby actually said Obama (so funny). Now keep in mind that he's only 10 years old making this movie, so the movie is for kids. My Son's Youtube name is FIRE BLAZE, so that's a cool name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvcgGjlJpWQ

Now the long background story:

Back in Spring 2013 he tells me his goal to make a movie; So I say, "Hey, I can help you with that and you can make some money when you post to YouTube." (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS) So in Spring 2013, my research began looking for the best movie making software. Adobe was over a $1,500 but CNET.com recommended a #2 best of Power Director-11 by Cyber Link (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS) so for $58 and shipping to Japan, I spent $89 in Spring 2013. So I was excited because I'm gonna help my Son make a movie! (What's strange is Cyber Link sent me 2 CD-ROMS and one of them was scratched, so their material quality is low.)

Result was not good (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS), my research showed the software should work on all our computers, BUT IT NEVER DID. Actually after 5 months of me working on this I finally, FINALLY, made a movie of 73 MB on my Son's computer but the process took 7.5 hours to produce a 73 MB movie. What?! 7.5 hours to make a 73 MB movie!!! After 5 months my Son was tired of disappointment and tired of hearing my cussing (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS).

To try to make this software work; I went through Tech Support that that is merely FAQ, I also used Forum, Youtube, Yahoo Search, Google search, and the products Operation's Manual; but nothing could make this software work as it was advertised (AS IT WAS ADVERSTISED).

I told my Son to not download free software because of Bugs and Spying. He did last month and he learned because his computer slowed to a crawl. I cleaned his computer and I blocked his ability to download. Last week my wife opened security and allowed him to download software, but this time he found good software with no bugs. He then made a movie and uploaded it to Youtube. I didn't know about this until this night.

Last night, that woman my wife says, "Please don't get mad. Do you Promise?" I say, "Uh oh, what happened?" She, "No, really do you promise?" Me, "I'll try, so what's up." She whispers, "HiroColby made a movie and it's on YouTube."

I run over to HiroColby's computer desk and I'm excited, "Show me your movie." He begins opening his computer file, but I say "No go to Youtube." He does and I'm watching with happiness for him. He then shows me how he made the movie. He reconstructed his movie within ten minutes. I am so proud of him.
I feel embarrassed to have wasted my valuable time, actual weeks of time, to work on Power Director-11 trying to make it work (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS). The money cost was small compared to my time, my time is valuable, and my Son's confidence he no longer has in me, well that confidence in me is more valuable (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS).

However, I've thought of a new business venture that is making software that almost works. Sell it on the Internet and provide a fake Forum for support. The software license is that once the CD-ROM is opened, it cannot be returned. It's guaranteed money in the bag. (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS) Heck with integrity. There's not business morality. Just do a low quality software thing and sell it on the Internet. Sucker CNET.com into promoting it, and BAM, the scandalous have some money. (NEVER BUY CYBER LINK PRODUCTS)

I could never do that. My Son at 10 years of age out thought me and he won. What a kid. Saturday, today, my Son attends a Summer Camp for software programming games at NEC. What a kid.
Attached below are files to help show my software issue with PD-11 Deluxe.

I been to the User's Guide, Cyber Link FAQs, the Forum here, You Tube, and querries upon Google, but nothing helps.

I've been working on the problem since Spring 2013 and today's date is August 22, 2013.

My son have lost interest, I'm very disappointed, and today I've been awake for 20 hours on this problem alone.

I'm losing my children's summer vacation, I'm losing my weekends, and my evenings; what a waste of money and my time. This actually is hurting my family. Cyber Link needs to be accountable for their Marketing, quality, and customer service.

I bought this product after a recommendation by CNET.com, so perhaps I should report this to CNET.

Power Director opens and then about 6 seconds later it closes.

What I have done so far.

(1) Downloaded Quick Time 7

(2) Downloaded the latest Drivers from Toshiba

(3) Attempted to download drivers from Intel, but they don't download

(4) Downloaded a full set of the latest Codecs

I have nothing more I can do, and Power Director 11 Deluxe has never operated from the beginning of my purchase.

Please see below Attached the following

(1) DxDiag information
(2) Pictures and screen shots of the issue
(3) Written description of my computer
I'll repeat everything you folks have shared. I probably have time for two more days. I kindly get back to you next week. Take care All
Sorry folks,

I know this is a volunteer forum and so I feel uncomfortable bringing my simple download problem here. I would rather be speaking with the company Cyber Link but they have been unavailable except through their FAQ page.

I had hoped by now to share with everyone movie making tips.

Because I'm a materials engineering person disappointed in an engineering product not conforming to its specs; I have certain expectations of performance.

My background is materials engineering as applied to cardiovascular medicine. So I only wish to express my gratitude and my knowing how you volunteer.

It is truly the Vendor company business structure that is frustrating because they have no customer service. At least not to the level of customer service we give in bio-medical development.
The suggestion to update Quick Time helped on my Son's computer. His desk top was finally successful to produce 73 MB video, that is if success is defined by a 73 MB video taking 7 hours and 23 minutes to produce. My 10 year old son is not impressed with the lack of time quality. See the attached photo that will shock every one for the Time Lapse of 7 1/2 hours to make a 73 MB movie.

What adds to disappointment is that I purchased this product back during Early Spring 2013 and it still does not work on my new computer. My computer totally meets the mid-range requirements. My daughter's computer meets the minimum requirements and PD-11 works on hers.

So I"ve worked with Cyber Link Web site using their FAQ page. My software issue is mentioned in their FAQ page. I've tried many avenues to resolve this issue.

My last resort is to request a refund for a product that does not work on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop. A graphic designer friend of mine laughs at me for buying a Cyber Link product.

Doe any person know how I may get a refund?

Thanks,

R. Greg R.
Thank you Barry and Dave, for taking time out of your day to reply.

(1) You both were correct that I needed to upgrade my Quick Time Player to version 7, so I did that.

(2) As for my video driver; the Intel website didn't locate any needed Video upgrades. Intel's online Device Driver Search kept searching my computer for an hour or so. The search never stopped.

(2-a) I tried a manual upgrade of Graphics but of the options to update, is there any advice as to which option I select as a graphics driver update? Please see the photos attached for manual driver updates.

(3) As for PD-11; I added some photos to show error descriptioins. Please see the attachment for Photos of Issue.
The final picture has a "Minidump.dmp" and instructs me to double-click that; but double-clicking leads me now where for the Minidump.dmp window.

Perhaps I am missing something, or is there something additional I may perform?

In the meantime, have good days,

R. Greg
Hello every one

I hope my information supplied will help some one to solve this Issue when PD-11 Deluxe software shuts down soon after I initiate the software.

1. Which operating system do you use, W8, W7, Vista, XP?

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

2. Which version of PD, See Part A below

Power Director 11 Deluxe

3. Which SR number (available in the "About" box of PD and is NOT the CD-Key!)

?

4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment. Select "Post Reply > Attachments"
?

5. A detailed step by step description of the problem. See Part D below.

1. From my DeskTop, double click CyberLink PowerDirector 11
2. Program opens and then it shuts down but leaving this Issue box (please see attached Zip File).
3. I have downloaded every Patch offered and this still happens
4. The same Issue occurs on my Son's computer that is Windows 7 64 Bit
5. This Issue does not happen on my Daughter's computer and she has Windows XP 32 Bit

6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC?

I use Trend Micro Titanium anti-virus solutions

7. What codec packs installed if any?

?

8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict?

Windows Live Movie Maker (I do not use this.)

9. What burning software is installed on your PC?

Windows Media Player

10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue (give the error code if any)?

N/A

11. What background processes / programs are running (especially important for problems with the burning) on your system? Ctrl+Alt+Delete will bring up Task manager and it'll list all applications running.

None

12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment, see [bPart B below. This is essential information and should be provide when you need help from members.

Please see Attachment

13. Supply a screenshot of the Edit Workspace, full screen image to show us what you're doing and the image also gives us vital data. See Part E & F below.

Respectfully,

R. Greg R.

Go to: