Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 11 opens but quickly closes, please help
R. Greg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2013 12:20 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Attached below are files to help show my software issue with PD-11 Deluxe.

I been to the User's Guide, Cyber Link FAQs, the Forum here, You Tube, and querries upon Google, but nothing helps.

I've been working on the problem since Spring 2013 and today's date is August 22, 2013.

My son have lost interest, I'm very disappointed, and today I've been awake for 20 hours on this problem alone.

I'm losing my children's summer vacation, I'm losing my weekends, and my evenings; what a waste of money and my time. This actually is hurting my family. Cyber Link needs to be accountable for their Marketing, quality, and customer service.

I bought this product after a recommendation by CNET.com, so perhaps I should report this to CNET.

Power Director opens and then about 6 seconds later it closes.

What I have done so far.

(1) Downloaded Quick Time 7

(2) Downloaded the latest Drivers from Toshiba

(3) Attempted to download drivers from Intel, but they don't download

(4) Downloaded a full set of the latest Codecs

I have nothing more I can do, and Power Director 11 Deluxe has never operated from the beginning of my purchase.

Please see below Attached the following

(1) DxDiag information
(2) Pictures and screen shots of the issue
(3) Written description of my computer
 Filename
Actions Used and Computer changes to get PD-11 to Operate on my computer.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
522 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
270 time(s)
 Filename
20130822 Toshiba Check
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
228 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag with Screen Shot.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
470 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
242 time(s)
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm very disappointed, and today I've been awake for 20 hours on this problem alone.
Power Director opens and then about 6 seconds later it closes.

Your Intel graphics attempt. Was it from: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics ?
Is integrated Intel graphics the only adapter installed?

Did you purchase the DVD ... or download from Cyberlink? Did the program install without error messages?
Check too that your firewall is not blocking Cyberlink. The results of the .dmp file may also give a clue.

As Barry noted in your other thread, "Rarely, PD will just not work and we never find out why, it can be any number of things. Quicktime, graphics drivers, failing hard drives, a need for a codec pack, even a corrupt install or download."

Indeed, problems with resource-intensive editors may hinge on graphic adapter/driver incompatibilities, lack of memory capacity or CPU capabilities, and the cure can be elusive. That said, hundreds if not thousands of folks use PD11 and other such programs successfully.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 21. 2013 20:17

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Always difficult troubleshooting this issue.

It will be worth starting PD in windows safe mode. You will need to launch RichVideo when asked as PD requires it by default unless the registry is altered.

PD should launch and run in safe mode, but may not of course perform as in full mode. However, it is a valuable diagnostic point, as, if it does launch and run, then the issue is likely to be some form of conflict caused by a program or process launched later and therefore by using selective startup (which can be a pain but.....) you may then identify the source of the problem.

If PD does not launch, then it points to something more basic in the system. I note the 650 is now discontinued and the DxDiag does not give the exact model/type but it might be worth checking the Toshiba site for BIOS and other driver updates so - for example the 650 Pro PSC09E model has a BIOS update of 12/09/12. Some folk are apprehensive about BIOS updates but they are released for a reason so I tend to apply them if they are available.

Normal backup and safety procedures need to be followed before applying a BIOS update.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.