Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
its fine for home use and the casual "pro" (or wannabe pro) im not disputing its a neat software, another thing is it gets you to do A B C in your video edits, whereas adobe lets you do A-Z (much more realization an functioning

several times i had a vision in my edit only to realize that cyberlink couldnt pull it off!

Barry

as i said several times i have created lots of cool stuff with powerdirector, but like i also said i had to go through lots of hoops and lots of freezes,

as for adobe im not saying that one is more expensive then the other, im just saying your not finding cyberlinks stuff in news studios or anything like that, its not a dependable LOB software
Probably very true in that last post, but that also is why Adobe Premiere pro keeps out selling cyberlink lol, i will admit that when it can be used cyberlink is more user friendly, but it isnt often that happens, i got my video done after exiting the program and reloading my project 6 times, still it was a waste of time in my opinion to have to go through all that!
that or stop using such a unstable program like this one, i upgraded to powerdirector 11 to think it would be better, i even have a NEW computer now still have stupid issues, its pretty much the same software and the same lousy excuses, id ask for my money back but well, you get what you pay for

green screen on hd preview making it useless to me as always

just my 2 cents im sure tons of "others" will claim its "my computer" , they allwork for cyberlink so lol its all smoke and mirrors
weird i installed 7.5.5 and now it loads, very strange indeed, thanks carl for the heads up!
Carl

Ill check quicktime, i know i have 7.0 installed because all the newer versions are bloatware

I just updated the video drivers on this machine recently
well still no word on the PO machine, but now a new wrinkle, grrr, whenever i launch PD10 it comes up with the choice for easy mode, full feature, or slideshow, i select easy mode, the splash screen comes up, just as the screen loads the program BAMMM it crashes and asks me to send a report, same results for advanced mode (full feature) this thing is so unstable it is scary, when it works it works but when it doesnt its horrible, and the working time without issues is far outweighed by the unstable nature of this software, also photodirector, waveeditor, and audiodirector all load without issues, but for all intents and purposes PD10 is dead, i did uninstall and backed up the entire \10.0 folder on my machine so i wouldnt lose the projects, but after reinstall i didnt even get a chance to put them back into the folder cause the damn thing crashed on me!

Thoughts, ill put a different version or software on it if i have to, i just hope my templates and titles and transitions make the switch as well

Waiting for some help if you want to provide it
ok card is updated, i jsut put in a PO for a new machine
we wills ee if we get one! ill try those tips
not as of yet, its had a freezing issue for quite some time, it just freezes and "beeps" we never found a virus or anything our techs were stumped, im not ready to completely blame the software, or the machine, ill update the card drivers, who knows it might correct the whole issue, the machine as a whole runs weird, but we like the pd software so we tried it
captain, yes i know of shadow files, very neat setting, i let the pc create them

the republic of texas lol, i live in a place called the "conch" republic"

its 99 with humidity here today
yeah the palm trees are everywhere, i live in Key West an island at the southermost point of florida, and the USA lol
12 gb memory the max on this thing was 8gb, i guess i really cant do anything, the software is a resource pig so lol, but i appreciate the tech help, i was suspicious of the machines limits, i thought a company like cyberlink would have built software that was user friendly to basic systems as well, i was wrong, ill put in a PO for a newer machine,

I wonder if updating the video card would help at all
ok 20 seconds outside my office

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35382354/P1020486.MP4

UNEDITED
steve

i realize this is not the most optimal pc for this sort of thing, the video was pixelated because it was edited video PRODUCED with pd, i thought thats what you wanted, i wasnt aware you wanted source video

still overall i think even with it being slightly underpowered this program should be more stable

as for the trial software we use this pc for lots of things, who knows whats in it, all i know is its not virused or spyware mucked

ill check on the video drivers you may be on to something there

the second pc has different specs

lol i loved the picnic reference, or as we say 99.9% of the computer issues in this day and age are found between the chair and the keyboard, EU dont like that very much

ill attach a new vid clip in a sec

on the other pc the video finally rendered, half of it was just a frozen photo with audio then it came to life and started moving again towards the end, a real piece of work this software is lol
update, on a different pc i just tried to make a basic edit with two 1 minute clips, i joined them used a title slide then went to produce them, the machine froze during rendering right after the 5 second title slide, different video, different machine, different install SAME buggy clunky software
1. Which operating system do you use, W8, W7, Vista, XP?

Windows 7 PRo 64 bit version

2. Which version of PD, See Part A below

10.0.0.1519a

3. Which SR number (available in the "About" box of PD and is NOT the CD-Key!)

MES111219-05

4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment.

Sample attached

I used all types but the videos are loading mostly from a webcam as .wmv, or from a hd camera shooting at 720p, the extensions on teh camera files are .MP4

5. A detailed step by step description of the problem. See Part D below.

I load powerdirector on the machine, choose full feature editor, load clips to library, start editing clips, thats when the freezing starts, if i try to play back a clip on the timeline whenever it hits a transition the machine locks and the program halts (it doesnt crash) just stops responding for like 3 minutes then jumps back on, also if i try to render a fully edited clip and i choose high def, or say wmv for lan network (900-3000 kb) the video will render but 7 times out of ten it is just the first clip to a transition, then it just shows a single image, this DOES NOT occur if i render to pocketpc or mobile formats 225kbps or so , when i get a video to render its great software, but that rarely happens, also very rarely it crashes when i try to import a clip, also the program halts for 2-3 minutes and stops responding when resizing the timeline sometimes

6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC?

We use Avast for networks

7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file

I didnt see a way to check that????

8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict.

None

9. What burning software is installed on your PC?

Whatever came with the cyberlink suite , we dont use it though

10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue?

N/A
11. What background processes / programs running (especially important for problems with the burning)?

104 processes running i know thats a lot but this machine is a pig, cpu load goes to 100% when pd is running roughly 20% without it running

12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment, see Part B below

attached
Papido, while i appreciate the thought and i wont rule that out it is HIGHLY unlikely i have more technical certifications in the computer network and support industry then most of the people on this forum, i dont think im doing anything wrong but expecting the software to perform as advertised

thanks for the cheap shot though!
sorry yeah i can rant sometimes but it gets so frustrating to put these cool projects together and not be able to produce them, ill reply in a few with all the info requested

thanks for trying to help
we have been testing powerdirector i think its version (10) and the damn thing wont render anything bigger then a 320\228 pocketpc video, making the software worthless, try to render a video at dvd quality and it just renders a single frame

this software would put a business under if it depended on it,

any suggestions before we RUN the other way

tried this on TWO different machines to make sure it wasnt machine specific, both run the processor at 100% cpu load and freeze up multiple times, as well as anything with transitions in it that are not very basic are worthless,

to add insult to injury they wanted us to PAY to talk to someone about these issues,

anyone have anything to add?

FYI: its a great software if you only want to make a video with one clip, no joining, no transitions, and render at a small mobile phone display output, then again thats what makes it so worthless i guess
Go to: