Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
program shows green in preview , change preview quality
fishycomics [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2010 11:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
For anyone who runs into a simple issue that may result in hours of frustration..

Loaded PD11, set up by the windows prompts, and shadow was chosen, to speed up video viewing. On we go, load files, edit produce, repeat, and come back at a later time, to find a green preview screen to the right corner of the monitor where you view the video. No matter what you do your program fails to work right.

Stop, and right click on the green screen and you will see a number of choices, and choose preview quality, some how it was changed by automatic settings, and once you lower y our quality, the green will go away and problem solved.

this is a note, and reminder if any one comes into this issue, thank you
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: For anyone who runs into a simple issue that may result in hours of frustration..

Loaded PD11, set up by the windows prompts, and shadow was chosen, to speed up video viewing. On we go, load files, edit produce, repeat, and come back at a later time, to find a green preview screen to the right corner of the monitor where you view the video. No matter what you do your program fails to work right.

Stop, and right click on the green screen and you will see a number of choices, and choose preview quality, some how it was changed by automatic settings, and once you lower y our quality, the green will go away and problem solved.

this is a note, and reminder if any one comes into this issue, thank you

Hi fishycomics,
Green preview screen, look to your graphic card drivers and update. The Preview settings are governed to a degree by the capability of your graphics card. If you set it to display for example at HD (from the tracks) and your card is incapable of this higher resolution, the display will be to the maximum of the card's level and this may only be to a standard definition. Remember the whole program uses the graphics and not just the preview area.

Please attach your diagnostic file and maybe members can provide you with additional assistance (spot something you've missed).
Guide, Part A & B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Dafydd
cyberlinknotsosure [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2013 09:17 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
that or stop using such a unstable program like this one, i upgraded to powerdirector 11 to think it would be better, i even have a NEW computer now still have stupid issues, its pretty much the same software and the same lousy excuses, id ask for my money back but well, you get what you pay for

green screen on hd preview making it useless to me as always

just my 2 cents im sure tons of "others" will claim its "my computer" , they allwork for cyberlink so lol its all smoke and mirrors
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
The bulk of comments in this forum are made by users/editors who are not compensated by or in any way affiliated with Cyberlink.

As noted in many posts, green screens are usually the fault of video card inadequacies or settings. Test all combinations of the two items under EDIT|PREFS|HARDWARE ACCELERATION in PD.

Update the video driver, from the chip manufacturer's WEBsite. Review settings in their configuration utility.

In PD, click the "double-box" icon to the right of the "camera" - under the preview window. Click on PREVIEW QUALITY and lower it a notch. Also try disabling Shadow Files, under EDIT|PREFS|GENERAL.

Install the latest PD patch. There's a link to it in a "sticky" post at the head of this forum.

Try another (trial) version of PD.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 19. 2014 07:05

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
cyberlinknotsosure,
I have used Powerdirector since version 5, on 5 or 6 different computers, with both Nvidia and AMD units. Nary a problem, ever. That is a straight-forward reply, no smoke and mirrors, but you can believe what you want to believe.
I suggest you make more use of the free volunteer forum, and stop lobbing silly accusations. If WE can't help you get up and running (and having FUN), or discover WHY you seem to always be butting heads with PD, then you are beyond help. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Probably very true in that last post, but that also is why Adobe Premiere pro keeps out selling cyberlink lol, i will admit that when it can be used cyberlink is more user friendly, but it isnt often that happens, i got my video done after exiting the program and reloading my project 6 times, still it was a waste of time in my opinion to have to go through all that!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Premier Pro, $800+-.
Powerdirector 12 Ultimate, $110.00+-.

Other than that, I'd still find it worthwhile to see why you have had such a poor history of using a solid software such as PD. I mean, it can really be a blast when you get creating and things "magically" come together.
Feel free to start a new thread, with a dxdiag, a few good questions, and hopefully you'll find out what the heck is gumming up the works.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Barry

as i said several times i have created lots of cool stuff with powerdirector, but like i also said i had to go through lots of hoops and lots of freezes,

as for adobe im not saying that one is more expensive then the other, im just saying your not finding cyberlinks stuff in news studios or anything like that, its not a dependable LOB software
[Post New]
its fine for home use and the casual "pro" (or wannabe pro) im not disputing its a neat software, another thing is it gets you to do A B C in your video edits, whereas adobe lets you do A-Z (much more realization an functioning

several times i had a vision in my edit only to realize that cyberlink couldnt pull it off!

[Post New]
Can someone please help me?
For a long time now when I drag my home video to the time line then hit the preview button all I see is a green screen and just hear the sound of my video, I can't even see the preview while trying to make or design new particle effects. As far as that goes with it like this I can't do any editing at all...
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Start a new, descriptively titled thread, please.

Visit your video card manufacturer's WEB site for an updated video driver. It may help. If problems arise, roll back via
CONTROL PANEL|DEVICE MANAGER|DISPLAY ADAPTERS|your video adapter|DRIVERS tab.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
User with no handle or name, Please edit your profile to provide a user name.
If you do not correct that error the moderator will be forced to remove your posts.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.