Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote You are likely missing the codec needed to use the file.
Download and install Qucktime lite.
The full Quicktime is no longer developed for Windows and has security issues so most folks are just using "lite". QT lite

Works perfectly now. Thanks!

These are two separate issues, but they may be related if they're caused by an outdated video driver. You haven't provided any information at all about your PC, which is why the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread at the top of the forum index lists the steps to run the DxDiag test and then attach the results.

You can hold down the <Alt> + <Print Screen> buttons to take a screenshot of the PD timeline, or hold down the <Win> + <Shift> + <S> keys to activate the screen snipping tool and draw a box around the area you want to capture. Open up Paint (or any other image editor) and paste the screenshot there, then save the image where you can find it. You can then use the Attachments button when you reply.

Once you've shared those details, it'll be easier for people to help.

I used to have the same problem when resizing chroma key. I solved it by using masked design, instead of resizing:
https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/603/how-to-create-masks-using-the-mask-designer-%7C-powerdirector-video-editing-tutorial

I also had problems with syncs, in older PD versions. The problem was only with playback, not in the rendered movie. Did you make sure you have the shadow files enabled? I use a 1280 X 720 resolution.
Hi everyone,
Whenever I try to import a MOV file I get an error message. I've tried it with different files from different sources.
After I convert the file, for example to MP4, it can be imported without a problem.
The original MOV file can be imported on a different computer I have, also with PD 16.
I run an HP laptop with windows 10 Home. PD version: 16.0.3408.0.
I've attached a screenshot of the error message and a DxDiag file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Yoav
I did everything you recommended, and hope to have a more stable system now.
I'll let you know if I ever find a permanent solution to my text clipping issue.
Thank you very much for all your help!
Changing the text size and display settings had no effect.
However, I may have found a way around the problem, by editting a lower third text. I've deleted the graphics and particals, changed the text font, color and size, added effects and saved my work as a custom text template. All this did'nt cause any clipping.
PD version: 16.0.2816.0
SR: VDE180201-01
I've attache the DxDiag file.
Thanks!
Thanks for the quick reply.
My Windows text settings are set to 100%.
Lower thirds are fine, with no clipping at all.
When I enlarge the text size, there is no clipping. For example, when the size of the font is 12, the upper part is clipped. If I enlarge the same text to 40, the clipping disappears.
This happens with all fonts and colors, including the default title (Sagoe UI size 48, white).
When I'm writing the text or editing it, I do not see the clipping. The problem appears only in preview mode and in the final rendered movie.
I also use hebrew fonts on my computer, and they also get clipped.
Any more Ideas how to solve this mystery?

Quote That does seem strange, especially since you see it with different fonts and different backgrounds. By "backgrounds" do you mean different Titles (like lower thirds)? Do you see the same problem with a plain Default title placed in the center of your screen?

I wonder if your Windows text size setting might be affecting this. Close PD, then type text size in the "Type here to search" box next to the Windows Start Menu, and choose the System settings option that pops up. It should look something like this:

If either the Make text bigger or Make everything bigger settings are above 100%, try lowering them one at a time and then restart PD.

I realize this will make it harder to use Windows in general, but if this is what's causing the text clipping, you could temporarily make the change whenever you need to produce videos with the text correctly displayed.
Hi,
I've been having problems when rendering videos with text: sometimes the letters seem to be trimmed at the top. I've attached a file to demonstrate this.
I've tried different fonts and different backgrounds, but the problem remains.
I'm using PoweDirector 16 Ultra, on an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home X64.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks, Yoav
Quote Hi,

Try looking in your autosave location for the last autosave file before your crash. Preferences>Project>Autosave Project

You may wish to shorten the autosave interval to minimise the chances of losing a lot of work in the event of a crash.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

It worked, I really did find a recent project file in that folder!
You saved my life (well, at least several days work).
Thanks.
While I was working on a PD project, the program closed suddenly, and now I can't find the PDS project file.
I can't locate it in the original folder, recycle bin, recent files or in any search.
I use PD 16, and my computer runs windows 10.
Please save me, any ideas what could have happened?
Thanks!
Go to: