Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
missing PDS file
yoavlin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2013 12:02 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
While I was working on a PD project, the program closed suddenly, and now I can't find the PDS project file.
I can't locate it in the original folder, recycle bin, recent files or in any search.
I use PD 16, and my computer runs windows 10.
Please save me, any ideas what could have happened?
Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2018 03:15

TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Quote While I was working on a PD project, the program closed suddenly, and now I can't find the PDS project file.
I can't locate it in the original folder, recycle bin, recent files or in any search.
I use PD 16, and my computer runs windows 10.
Please save me, any ideas what could have happened?
Thanks!

Yoavlin:

1. When you typed in the search parameters, did you try a *.pds search? That type of search will locate every pds file on your computer.

Toney

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2018 04:22

TeeMan
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Try looking in your autosave location for the last autosave file before your crash. Preferences>Project>Autosave Project

You may wish to shorten the autosave interval to minimise the chances of losing a lot of work in the event of a crash.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
yoavlin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2013 12:02 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Try looking in your autosave location for the last autosave file before your crash. Preferences>Project>Autosave Project

You may wish to shorten the autosave interval to minimise the chances of losing a lot of work in the event of a crash.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

It worked, I really did find a recent project file in that folder!
You saved my life (well, at least several days work).
Thanks.