Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I thought so. OK, then it's going to be a reinstall. Thank you nevertheless!!!
My C: drive is full and I have to free some space so I saw that there are 20 GB of templates and stuff ("Content Packs / Creative Design Packs").

Can I move those to another partition without having to reinstall the whole PD 14?? I can't find anything to change the paths in the PD preferences menu.

Thanks in advance!
Oh well.. one of the many embarassing and rather pathetic things about PD. Hopefully, this gets resolved in PD 15.
And PLEASE get rid of those annoying and embarassing ads even though I have already purchased the full version!
Well, thank you once again, I'll try that!

But it's still a shame this is not a standard feature in PD, wouldn't you agree...?
Blinking text, please!!! For me this is such a basic effect I (once again) can't believe this is not implemented in PD14.

And neither an MS Word "text effect" paste into title designer nor a Google search for blinking fonts (see other thread for a previous PD version) yielded any results.

I dema...oops, I mean of course kindly suggest: Choose any font in PD title designer, highlight it, add "blink effect" from a menu and set the frequency. Done. Am I asking too much?!
I'm truly sorry but none of this works. Blinking text for me is such a basic effect I (once again) can't believe this is not implemented in PD14.

MS Word has only blinking background but not blinking text (WTF??) and even that doesn't work when pasted into title designer.

And where can I find an actual blinking font? Not on my google search...
Yup, that's the question. "Timecodes" is one option to analyze the sound tracks but how do I get them? Do I need special cameras? How do I "timecode" a video clip in the first place?
Pleaaase fix this terrible bug:

I have an end title crawl and a background for that on another track, and when I put a fade out on the background it inexplicably fades out the crawl on the other track too (!), but -and here it gets bizarre- the crawl fades out slightly BEFORE the background and then COMES BACK FOR A SPLIT SECOND, only to vanish for good! This has driven me nuts more than once.
Oh god, like with so many other bizarre PD bugs you're not alone here.

I have an end title crawl and a background for that on another track, and when I put a fade out on the background it inexplicably fades out the crawl on the other track too, but -and here it gets bizarre- the crawl fades out slightly BEFORE the background and then COMES BACK FOR A SPLIT SECOND, only to vanish for good! This has driven me nuts more than once.

Speaking of PiP objects:

What good is an object like the rather small "facebook hand" (with a short blue background line for a text) THAT CANNOT BE ALTERED?? At all?! I tried to change the size of the hand, even the position (it's in the lower left corner of the screen!) but nothing, it wouldn't let me do anything. All you can do is put in a short text which miraculously has to fit the blue background area.

All this is just a nonsense toy but not a tool.
Thank you!!! That helped. Good to be here.
but it won't let me: Using the slide designer ("Motion") always makes it impossible to cover the whole picture area to start from since the frame cannot be fitted completely onto the picture - it has a totally different aspect ratio!! WTF?

Also it's not possible to change the duration! I want to zoom in really slow - where can I change the duration? It's greyed out!

And again and again the strange and crazy half-fadeout (!!?) at the end of the slide zoom which makes it even more difficult to continue from there.

Can anybody help, please?
"-Have 1 select/transition that fades in/out with audio doing "the same..rather than having to deal with 2"

YEP, YEP, YEP!!!
Quote: Yes, there needs to be much better audio volume control in the "Edit" mode as well as in the "Output/Produce" mode. I find it quite hard to adjust the audio levels in the time line using the mouse, as when one clicks on the highlighted audio level bar placing a audio level point to drag to the desired level, it usually jumps to some different level when releasing the mouse button!! Extremely frustrating indeed! Why cant CL have a numerical adjustment such as Corel has, as well as the level bar??? It would then be easy to to set a specific audio level throughout any given clip. It would make it so much easier and and less time consuming!

I SECOND THAT!!! The clip volume control is a total mess. The volume dots jump all over the place when you try to adjust the volume in the timeline with the mouse.
Can you elaborate on that, please? What do you mean by that? Sounds intriguing... ;-)
OK, here are my collected suggestions for PDR 15 so far, little things which would make this really nice program so much better. I guess many of them would be "checkbox-easy" to implement, wouldn't they?

All others are invited to add their suggestions too! I hope the Powers That Be take the wishes of their loyal customers and users into serious consideration..."""""cry""""""""""money-mouth""""""""""laughing"""""

1. clip priority (see my other thread)

2. timeline marker stops at the end of last clip and doesn't jump back to start position

3. PiPs and titles should be alterable (e.g. "Breaking News" title scrolling text looping and title not fading out)

4. In the DVD menus an option to get rid of the countless chapter pages (just having chapters is enough most of the time)

5. A real "countdown" option would be nice! What use is a countdown graphic which is not customizable ('seconds' etc.?)

6. In the slide show designer an option in the "motion" style --> "customize" to always start the cropping rectangle full picture. Strangely enough the cropping area rectangle NEVER covers the whole picture!! How can that be?

7. (Not sure if this is already there): A home movie-style "camcorder" overlay showing round-edged lines in the 4
    corners of the frame and a red blinking "record" icon/dot in one corner and maybe a battery symbol plus time code /date?

@Bananacy: Oh, you're not alone. One other tweak which would be absolutely necessary is to just stop the time marker at the end of the last clip of a project without jumping back to the start. This is so annoying I can't tell you.
I always put a black picture insert behind as a workaround but this is also something that HAS to be changed. It would be just a checkbox in preferences, nothing more!
Thanks very much, Dafydd!!!!

Now if you could also think about the ability of altering titles and PiPs as mentioned you would make me even happier. ;

Thanks again for your kindness, it is very much appreciated.
And while we're at it, what about the "Breaking News" title?

1. You can't loop a text at the bottom -- which alone makes this totally useless!

2. Secondly, the whole thing just fades out after a certain amount of time! If I want to have a 10 minute news clip it's impossible to have it visible the whole time (which is the whole freaking point of that particular title!!!) since it constantly fades out and comes back in!

Any breaking news on that...? ;-)
Go to: