Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
And while we're at it, what about the "Breaking News" title?

1. You can't loop a text at the bottom -- which alone makes this totally useless!

2. Secondly, the whole thing just fades out after a certain amount of time! If I want to have a 10 minute news clip it's impossible to have it visible the whole time (which is the whole freaking point of that particular title!!!) since it constantly fades out and comes back in!

Any breaking news on that...? ;-)
Thank you for your kind answers and suggestions.

So... if you agree with me that it would make the editor's job easier (hey, isn't that the whole point of this software?)... any chance this little but important and most useful (and fairly easy programming-wise, I presume) tweak will be implemented in PD 15?

Sorry I already deleted the files since it was finished quite some time ago but I made an example to make you see what I mean (the clips used are just placeholder examples!!).

Remember: Here, I want to cut to person B while person A still ends his/her line (fraction of a second), giving the scene a much smoother flow, rather than having person A end his/her line completely and only then cutting to B, which looks and feels very clumsy when done constantly.

In "clip1" it's what it is now and in "clip2" it's what it would be if I could just set priority to clips, so every clip takes priority of the one before it (2 over 1, 3 over 2 and 4 over 3). That way, long dialog scenes could be edited much easier because I have the whole dialog scene in only two tracks and don't have to use so many extra tracks just for just one line of dialog.

If I edit the scene like "clip2" (as PD works now) then clip 2 would end completely and only then it would switch to clip 3, without the chance of hearing the last bit of dialog of clip 2 while already seeing clip 3 (person A's reaction).

So am I getting this right about your mentioning "clip priority" vs "track priority"? Yeah, I guess then I want clip priority! ;-)

http://www.nefkom.info/miscellaneous/clip1.jpg
http://www.nefkom.info/miscellaneous/clip2.jpg
It's not one audio track, I use one camera and record each person separately of course and edit the best takes together. As soon as I find the time to make a screen shot of the project (I hope I still have it since it's finished already) I'll post it here.

But just tell me: Why can't you just right-click a track and choose: "This track takes priority" instead of having only one direction, which is towards higher track numbers? Then in a typical dialog scene it would be just alternating between two tracks.
Cyberlink, are you reading this.....?
See? That's what I'm saying: This prog could be so much better, so §$%&/ much better with just a few programming tweaks - I simply do not get it why they don't implement these things. It's not that they had to reinvent the wheel for that or redesign the program from scratch, is it?
Apart from all the new fancy stuff in PD 14, most of which I don't care about (screen capture?), I tested the editing, which is what this program should be all about. And apparently there is still no option for a track that is above another to take priority, it only goes in the "down" direction towards higher track numbers, which means I'll create like 50 new tracks and continue this nonsense of constantly "going down" when doing cuts especially in dialogue scenes when you cut back and forth between two persons but while one is talking you already cut to the other a fraction of an second before the line is finished and the second person replies to that line.

Or am I mistaken here? Anyone have a solution? Otherwise that's the end for me with PD (and no, I don't need another "wedding special" effects etc. package, I'd like to have a good editor).

And the "Breaking News" title still can't scroll a given text as a loop at the bottom of the screen, which is the point of a news ticker??? Please say it isn't so. This can't be.

I could go on and on, it's so incredibly sad...: So we have a "Las Vegas Sign" in the PiP section. Wow, so whenever I do one of them swingin' Las Vegas movies, which are ever so popular with millions of users, I have the famous sign right at my fingers. Are you freaking kidding me? Well, if you could alter the text THEN we would be talking! Then it would actually be usable. But alas... it's history repeating for me since I had the same things to say one year ago with PD 13.

Oh, BTW, I almost forgot: There are some 5000 new incredibly fancy transitions - which nobody actually needs. Hey, why don't you call your product "Transition Master"?

Deja vu. Well, Cyberlink, I guess it's time to say goodbye. I don't need a toy, I need an editor.
Quote: Hello, I was unaware that there were PD11 files that could be usable for DCP creation and NO ONE on this forum gave me any information regarding this subject when I posted my original inquiry.

That is why I researched this subject and posted my findings. If some people, on this forum, are upset by my post; I was just trying to be helpful.

I THOUGHT THAT'S WHAT FORUMS ARE FOR!

That being said, does anyone know the procedure for creating a HDCAM tape from PD11.

Hi! Oh God, there are indeed a lot of jerks around here, sorry to say that. I do exactly the same thing, so thank you for your post and your producing specs for the DCP source material, I'll try that. It's about time that PD addresses that as well (among many other things).

I'm totally on your side! ;
[i]1. I would like one menu page with 1-6 chapter links on this one menu page. PD12 keeps making root menus and child menus and I just want the root menu with navigation to chapters[/i].
------------------------------

Me too!!! The PD menu desiger is just a mess. Try DVDStyler, a great free program that lets you do just that. I just use PD for editing my clips.

And while we're at it: Dear folks at Cyberlink, if you're reading his: Why in all the world can I only have like two (!) clips on one subpage of my DVD menu? So when I want to have five clips on a DVD I have to click through three (!!) subpages to get to the last clip (2-2-1)! This is plain ridiculous.

I still keep my fingers crossed for PD 14. That one (sometime late 2015 maybe?) HAS got to be better... it just has to...
Thank you, at least I'm not the only one.

Your post - my thoughts exactlyl! ;-)
Yeah, I know, it has been said many times but right now I'd feel ashamed if I had to show PD to my friends.

A few lines of inserted text (compiled by a friend) for a simple end title crawl and it brings PD 12 completely to its knees. Rien ne va plus. It's simply impossible. Am I supposed to type it directly in, by hand? Sigh... probably...

Please, this HAS to change in PD 14, hopefully my next PD version. How can that be anyway? It's only text, for crying out loud!
I have let's say a ballroom scene with the music clear and upfront on track one.

Now I want to cut to track two, which is outside in the lobby and of course the sound now is more subdued and distant.

Why can't I do that? Or can I? It seems I have to decide on one audio track but this makes it impossible to intercut to a conversation in the lobby with the music distant and a little muted.

So why can't I simply take the audio tracks with me in Multicam designer once they are synchronized?

Any help, please?
PD makes the higher track numbers the winner in occluding what is on lower tracks. A right mouse selection on a clip in a track to "Bring Forward" or some such would be nicer than manually moving clips to higher number tracks just to get then "in front for a while".

Count me in for that!!!
My last word in this thread here:

Cyberlink has canceled my order and refunded my money, no problems or questions asked.

Thank you Cyberlink, really, and let's hope you'll see my money again when PD 14 comes out, probably the best PD ever!
Thank you, so I'm not the only one. Gives me some comfort.

Dear Cyberlink team, I think you realize there are many people who really like your product because PD COULD be a great software, with a little need for improvement, and this has nothing to do IMHO with a dichotomy between "amateur" / "consumer" and "professional" users.

Who is the target group for PD? I'm sure you've heard of the (not-so) new kid in town, the "prosumer", and I very much think this is the road you have to follow. People who have (probably) a little more money for equipment and the ambition to produce good, quasi-professional looking content. THIS IS 2014, remember? Everywhere you look around, on any screen nowadays, there is content with a degree of professionalism and (at least technical) sophistication that could only have been dreamed of 20 or 30 years ago. And everybody wants to be able to produce that content!

Have you wondered how it fits together that you have all those fancy childlike and/or cheesy transitions and titles and at the same time you advertise your new product PD 13 as boasting the newest 4K resolutions and stuff? The whole advertising "style" on the Cyberlink homepage doesn't quite match the actual product.

pekr 's comments are my thoughts exactly. YOU, Cyberlink, you set the tracks and standards of what content is produced by thousands or millions of users out there. So maybe 13 is your unlucky number and 14 will be the opposite.

Have a look at "DVD Styler" for example and you will immediately see what an easy and cool DVD creating program must look like. I don't think anybody needs 10 new Christmas DVD intros every year with flying Santas etc.

And please: In the slideshow creator, it's apparently not possible in the "motion" mode (THE main mode for slideshows IMHO) to set the full picture as a standard starting rectangle frame. It is EXTREMELY tiresome that PD gives me some random start frame for every slide so I have to change EVERY SLIDE - and the worst thing is, in some cases it is NOT POSSIBLE to set the frame to full, don't ask me why, but I can't pull that rectangle over my entire 16:9 slide sometimes, there's always some part missing. Doing that with 200 or 300 slides is a true nightmare. And after it's finished, as pekr said, I CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING anymore. So if I should decide to throw out one slide or have an accidental duplicate one I overlooked then everything is lost and I have to start over again.

As I said, PD could be so incredibly much better and it would really take not that much, IMHO. Come on, Cyberlink, you can do it! Why not look to the sides, collect the best features of all available products and combine it into PD 14?!
I'm just clicking through my recently purchased (and eagerly awaited) PD 13 and I am truly disappointed. Now we have a basically black surface with a black vertical clip alignment line which is barely visible - Way to go, Cyberlink! WHO PROGRAMS SUCH CRAP?

Still no really professional looking "Breaking News" title (an absolutely basic feature in 2014 IMHO). Is there even a way to loop the small text at the bottom? it just scrolls to the right and is gone!!?

There's for example still a special "Basketball" title with two team names and a ball and basket between them. WHY?? Why no football? Why isn't it customizable? Who needs this? For all those countless basketball game home movies out there?

The DVD creator is still the same unusable mess from PD 12.

The end title scroll (also an absolutely basic feature!) STILL lags for many many seconds and even crashed the program!!! This is simply inexcusable, sorry.

Apart from some special 4K resolutions and other minor stuff: What is really the difference between PD 12 and 13? I paid 80 EURO for it and will ask for a refund. I'm going to stick to PD 12 and even PD 11, which is still the best so far, IMHO (plus "DVD Styler" freeware program for creating perfectly nice and simple menus and DVDs).

Dear Cyberlink team, if you want to keep me as a loyal customer who is with you since PD 8, please make PD 14 SUBSTANTIALLY better or you'll never see any money from me again, sorry to say that.
First!

Just bought the PD 13 Ultimate Upgrade and am currently downloading.

Let's hope that the actual software lives up to the phenomenal sounding ads for it. ;-)
They are nice but I don't need them all the time and they start to get in my way. Is there a possibility to switch them off?
I think I solved it another way:

I put the two clips directly after each other on one track, unlink video and audio, push the second clip's sound track a little to the right (the amount of overlap I want) and then pull the whole second clip to the left until the sound tracks of both clips meet again, thereby overwriting the end of clip one' s video track with the beginning of clip two's video track.

Here's a screenshot:

http://www.nefkom.info/miscellaneous/PD.jpg
Thanks for the quick reply but this doesn't answer my problem.

I have dialog scenes with a standard two camera angles and I want to cut to the other angle slightly before the last word is said in one angle (like it is done in almost all films).

So please, how do I do that if it works only once, at the very beginning with tracks one and two?!

==================
"2. Transitions are used with video on the same track and the overlap transition effect is then applied, merging of a video takes place.
==================

Which transition do I have to use? I don't quite understand that. Is there a way to edit the whole thing in one video track?
When I have a clip on track one and I put another clip in track two, slightly left of clip one' end, it switches in playback from track one to track two, with the picture of track two "taking the lead", so clip two is already shown during that small overlap.

But when I add a third clip in track one again, slightly left of clip two's end, that third clip does NOT take the lead and is not shown during the overlap, but still track (and clip) two until that clip is finished and only then it switches back to track one (and clip three).

Result: I have to add more and more tracks below track one to get that effect. What am I missing here?
Go to: