Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blinking text
dan154 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: Jan 25, 2012 07:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
How do i make a text blink. I want to make a "x cam" blinking in the top.
Regards
Dan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi!
How do i make a text blink. I want to make a "x cam" blinking in the top.
Regards
Dan

There are at least two ways I know of to have blinking text.

First one is find a Blinking Font and use that font in your Titles.

Search for 'Free Fonts' and/or 'Blinking font'.

The second way to have the text appear for a short time, a blank, then show again, repeat as many times as you want it to blink.

If you have MS Word, this is from the help in Word 2000:

Animate text
Select the text you want to animate.

On the Format menu, click Font, and then click the Text Effects tab.

In the Animations box, click the effect you want.
For Help on an option, click the question mark , and then click the option.

Note You can apply only one animation effect at a time.

You can usually copy and paste text from word in Powerdirector Title Designer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2012 18:40

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

dan154 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: Jan 25, 2012 07:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Carl. You are unique to this forum.
Always a very good answer. Thanks.
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
I'm truly sorry but none of this works. Blinking text for me is such a basic effect I (once again) can't believe this is not implemented in PD14.

MS Word has only blinking background but not blinking text (WTF??) and even that doesn't work when pasted into title designer.

And where can I find an actual blinking font? Not on my google search...
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm truly sorry but none of this works. Blinking text for me is such a basic effect I (once again) can't believe this is not implemented in PD14.

MS Word has only blinking background but not blinking text (WTF??) and even that doesn't work when pasted into title designer.

And where can I find an actual blinking font? Not on my google search...
This is a very old post from 2012. Another way to make blinking text to to put a title (with your text) a black color board then a copy of the first title, repeat for as many times as you want to blink.

You set the duration of the titles and color board for the speed of the blink.

Title-black colorboard-title-black colorboard-title-black colorboard-title.

Duration of 1/2 second is 15 frames for NTSC or 13 frames for PAL. 00;00;00;15 (NTSC) or 00;00;00;13 (PAL). Faster blink smaller number of frames.

How to in Microsoft word: http://word.tips.net/T000613_Animating_Your_Text.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2015 19:16

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Well, thank you once again, I'll try that!

But it's still a shame this is not a standard feature in PD, wouldn't you agree...?
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Well, thank you once again, I'll try that!

But it's still a shame this is not a standard feature in PD, wouldn't you agree...?
Yes, I agree. You would think PD should have blinking text effect or maybe a title.

At least it is a video editor, so we can create what we want.

You could create a project that is just blinking text, Save that project. You can reuse that in other projects. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.